Subject: IETF 79 - Social Event

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

IETF 79 Social Event
Where: Beijing Capital Museum
Date: Tuesday 9 November 2010
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Cost: USD 30
Hosts: Tsinghua University, Internet Society of China, and China Network
Information Center

Beijing Capital Museum - The Capital Museum is one of the grandest
museums in all of China, filled with ancient relics of times gone by.  

The program includes:
  - Transport from the Shangri-La to the museum and return
  - Variety of Chinese food 
  - Beverages
  - Cultural Performance (Martial Arts, Taiji, QiGong, Beijing 
    Opera, etc.)
  - Beijing folk arts show: Clay Figure Zhang; Inside-painted Bottle; 
    Chinese Paper Cutting; Seal Cutting; calligraphy; 
    Blue of JingTai(The cloisonné artwork)
  - Traditional Chinese musical instrument performance
  - Capital Museum exhibitions: see details below
  - Return Shangri-la

The following four exhibitions will be open during event:
  * Selected Works of Ancient Porcelain - This exhibit shows 
    porcelain from six dynasties of Chinese history. 
  * Selected Works of Ancient Buddhist Statues - The exhibition
    is a large-scale art display of statues of Buddha and the
    historical value Buddhist art has in Chinese culture.
  * Exhibition of Old Beijing Folk Customs - This exhibit 
    traverses the many customs of Old Beijing including customs 
    related to marriage, birth, the New Year, as well as Chinese
    opera. 
  * Beijing Superb Cultural Relics Exhibition - This exhibit 
    features exquisite carvings of jade and horn, as well as 
    paintings and classic furniture. 

NOTE: You must be registered for IETF 79 to purchase a Social Ticket.  
If you have already registered for the IETF, please use this link to
purchase a social ticket:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf79/eventticket.py 

Only 4 days until the Beijing IETF! 
Online registration for the IETF meeting is at: 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/79/

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:27:35 -0500

>Date: Tuesday 9 November 2010

this is interesting timing, considering the last 
WGs of the day don't end until after this event 
starts (then there's the travel to the University)...

other than this little inconvenience, this seems cool

James

>_______________________________________________
>IETF-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:01:34 -0500

On 11/2/10 21:27, Nov 2, James M. Polk wrote:
> this is interesting timing, considering the last WGs of the day don't 
> end until after this event starts (then there's the travel to the 
> University)...

Tell me about it. For something like 5 meetings in a row (back when I 
was chairing it), XCON was scheduled in the last slot of Tuesday. We 
generally were starting just as the first buses were leaving. If you 
busted your tail right after the meeting, you could make the last bus to 
the event.

/a

---

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 07:37:51 -0400 (EDT)

You are a master of understatement.  This sounds solidly awesome!  The 
hosts get my thanks in advance.

--Sandy

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, James M. Polk wrote:

> this is interesting timing, considering the last WGs of the day don't end 
> until after this event starts (then there's the travel to the University)...
>