Subject: Draft submissions can't find first author

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 15:59:55 -0500

So, for my last draft submission and one I'm trying to do right now, I
find that the secretariat software can't find the first author's name
at the top right of the first page. It can find subsequent authors.
But something changed a few weeks ago so that draft formats that
worked find are now encountering this problem.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, have you found a fix for it?

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:26:47 -0500

Taking this for a bug, I alerted the appropriate channels.

Regards
Marshall

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:09:10 +0100

Donald,

I faced the same issue when the company name for the author at the top 
is not exactly the same as in the authors section.
Example: "Cisco Systems" at the top versus "Cisco Systems, Inc." in the 
authors section.

Regards, Benoit.

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:50:04 -0500

Based on the message below and a bunch of experiments, it appears that
the draft submission tool no longer allows names with greater than 2
parts (I sometimes list my name as "Donald Eastlake 3rd" which used to
work fine) and that it requires a more exact match than it used to
between the name and affiliation at the top right of the title page
and as the appear in the Authors' Addresses section...

Donald

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donald,
>
> I faced the same issue when the company name for the author at the top is
> not exactly the same as in the authors section.