Subject: IETF 80 - Meeting Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:49:59 -0800 (PST)

80th IETF Meeting
Prague, Czech Republic
March 27 - April 1, 2011
Host: CZ.NIC

1.  Registration
2.  Meeting and Training Schedule
3.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
4.  Accommodations and Transportation
5.  NEW: Companion Program
6.  Meeting Wiki

1. Registration
	Register online at:
	http://www.ietf.org/meetings/80/

2. Meeting and Training Schedule: 
	A. Meeting starts 09:00 Monday 28 March through 15:15 Friday
	1 April. 
	B. Most training sessions on Sunday afternoon 27 March - see:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/tutorials.html

3. Visas & Letters of Invitation: 
	The Czech Republic has adopted the EU migration and visa policy
	principles and is about to complete the harmonization of its
	policies with the law of the European Communities.

	A list of countries, whose citizens need no visa to the Czech
	Republic, is available here:
	http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_for_aliens/list_of_states_whose_citizens_are_exempt/index.html

	For more detailed information please contact the diplomatic
	mission of the relevant country - their list sorted in the
	alphabetical order is available at:
	http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_for_aliens/local_competency_of_dm_in_processing/index.html

4.  Accommodations and Transportation
	The IETF is holding blocks of guest rooms at 3 hotels in Prague:
	the Hilton Prague (the Meeting Venue), the InterContinental Prague
	and the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, both of which are in
	Prague Old Town and a 25 minute walk from the Hilton. There are
	smaller hotels located closer to the Hilton Prague.

	In addition to public transportation and airport taxis at the 
	airport, these hotels can arrange to have you picked up at the
	airport. Fees and information on how to arrange for this
	service is available on the hotel page:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/hotel.html
	under "Airport Transfer Option"

	Room rates are inclusive of daily breakfast and in room
	high-speed Internet access. 
	Note that breakfast will not be served at the Meeting venue as it 
	is included in the above hotel guest room rates.

	Reservations Cut off Date: 9 March 2011 (Hilton), 11 March 2011
	(Sheraton and InterContinental).

	For additional information on rates and policies, please visit:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/80/hotel.html

5.  Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years
	of age you can register them for the IETF Companion Program for
	only USD 15.00 

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 16:30-1700 on
	Sunday, 27 March
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900
	on Sunday, 27 March
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue
	(not to be used to attend working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose
	to help communicate and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website
	or onsite at the meeting.

6.  Meeting Wiki
	The IETF 80 meeting wiki (Your Wiki) has been created for the
	attendees of IETF 80 meeting to exchange information. The wiki
	uses DokuWiki software and a users guide can be found at: 
	http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki

	Your IETF 80 (Prague) wiki can be found here: 
	https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf80
	and is also accessible from the Prague meeting page on the IETF
	website.

	Some headings have already created, but no real content exists
	yet. The two links to "soccer/football" and "bar BoFs" that
	exist under Events are there as examples of things you can
	create, but there is nothing there if you follow the links.

	The wiki can be viewed by anyone but can only be edited by
	registered meeting attendees. If you want to add information 
	(a great restaurant you know of, an informal event (soccer game),
	etc.) you will have to log into the wiki. If you have already
	registered for the meeting, you have an account waiting for you.
	Your login name is the email address that you used to register
	for the meeting; your password is your full 10 digit confirmation
	number.

	Note: this wiki is not intended to replace the host website, nor
	any other official meeting related site. Instead, the intent is
	that some of the information currently shared on the XXattendees
	mailing list be captured online in one location, where it will be
	easy for members of the community to locate and add to it. Our
	hope is that your wiki makes a contribution to your meeting
	experience.

Only 64 days until the Prague IETF!