Subject: Email input to WG issue trackers.

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:11:35 +0100

Hi,

Till now, the WG issue trackers maintained at tools.ietf.org have provided
the option to send email to the WG mailing list when an issue is added or
updated, but it has not been possible to automatically capture responses
as ticket updates.  With some coding yesterday I've adapted an existing
email2trac add-on so that this becomes possible.  By default this is not
enabled yet; I'd like to have a few WGs test this before I turn it on by
default.

Any takers?

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:25:04 -0500

> enabled yet; I'd like to have a few WGs test this before I turn it  

DANE will give it a whirl --- we use the issue tracker to try and stay  
focused (with varying levels of success ;-) ) and will be happy to be  
guinea pigs...

W

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:18:29 +0100

Hi Warren,

> On Feb 23, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

...
> focused (with varying levels of success ;-) ) and will be happy to be  

Great.  I've enabled this for dane.  Please note that it will work for
replies that go to [email-masked], which is the From:
address used by the dane issue tracker from now on.  Earlier the tracker
used the more generic address [email-masked]; replies to that
address won't cause automatic updates to the relevant issue.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:57:03 -0800

> enabled yet; I'd like to have a few WGs test this before I turn it on

Neat.  Thanks for doing that.  It will help use the trackers more.

-d

---

From: Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:25:32 -0800

Thank you too; sorry it was me who triggered this issue yesterday.

We keep our promises with one another - no matter what!

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Dan Wing
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:57 AM
To: 'Henrik Levkowetz'; 'WG Chairs'
Subject: RE: Email input to WG issue trackers.

-d