Subject: Re: Experiment: tools for remote participation in IETF80 -- further update

From: Simon Pietro Romano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:53:24 +0100

Dear Chairs and ADs,

just a quick update on the Meetecho experiment at the upcoming meeting. 
I'm listing the main news below.

1. Since many of you asked us for "few accounts and a demo", we are 
delivering a few open sessions during the next two weeks. I set up a 
doodle poll at the following link: http://doodle.com/gsccfyffwie56rfk. 
You can use such poll to subscribe to one of the demo sessions. All 
subscribers will be provided with a token allowing them to enter the 
associated conference room. If you don't want to take too much time out 
of your busy schedule by installing our client software, we advice you 
to grab your favorite browser and participate in the session through our 
"RTC-Web style" WebLite client (as per information at 
http://conf.meetecho.com/);

2. We would like to make all of you aware of the fact that Meetecho 
(being a standards-compliant platform) can be used as an enriched 
XMPP-based tool for jabber scribes at the IETF. By using it, you have 
access to the standard jabber rooms at jabber.ietf.org, besides seizing 
an opportunity to exploit all other collaboration functions we make 
available. We hence invite you to give it a try if you are used to 
participate in IETF jabber rooms.

3. We are collecting requests for Meetecho support during WG meetings. 
So, if you are interested in participating in the experiment, I would 
just ask you to send me the following information:

a. The name of the WG;
b. If you plan to have remote presenters, i.e. people who cannot make it 
to the meeting, but who are willing to present their drafts from remote 
locations.

I'll contact the interested chairs in order to arrive at the meeting 
with an optimized set-up for the various sessions.

As the chair of SPLICES, I'll obviously enable remote participation in 
our face-to-face session in Prague ;-).

That's all for the moment!

Cheers,

Simon

-- 

                             _\\|//_
                             ( O-O )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     Simon Pietro Romano
               Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                  Computer Science Department
         Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                 e-mail: [email-masked]
           http://www.comics.unina.it/simonpietro.romano

     <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                          oooO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           \ (    (   )
                            \_)    ) /
                                  (_/