Subject: Micro-heads-up on I-D cutoff timing

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:11:00 -0400

Hi.

I've sent a note to the Secretariat but thought you folks should
be alerted as a precaution:

The IETF80 meeting web page says that today's cutoff for I-D
posting is 17:00 PT.   That is the usual schedule.  However, it
also indicates that time is 01:00 UT Tuesday.  Due to the
US/North American switchover to DST yesterday, it is actually
00:00 UT.  I've warned my authors that they need to assume the
cutoff is 17:00 PT Monday / 00:00 UT Tuesday until and unless
they see an announcement to the contrary, but I think we should
all anticipate some confusion.

This problem exists for all other times listed in PT for IETF
80, but I hope the Secretariat will get those entries on the web
page correctly quickly.

   john

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:00:50 -0700

John,

Thanks for catching that. For today, to make sure that anyone  
depending on 01:00 UT isn't unfairly penalized, we have extended the  
cutoff time by one hour. Which means that North Americans also have an  
additional hour to type frantically, as the cutoff is now 18:00 PT.

Regards,
Alexa

> 80, but I hope the Secretariat will get those entries on the web

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>