Subject: IETF 81 - Registration is now open!

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

81st IETF Meeting
Quebec City, Canada
July 24 - 29, 2011
Host: Research In Motion (RIM)

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/81/

1.  Registration
2.  Social Event - Musee de la Civilisation
3.  Meeting and Training Schedule
4.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
5.  Accommodations, Breakfast and Cancellation Policy
6.  Companion Program

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 650.00 Pay by Friday, 15 July
	2011 1700 PT (00:00 UTC) 
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 800.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 
		18 July 2011 at 1700 PT (0000 UTC). 
		Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent)
		cancellation fee if requested by that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 22 July 2011,
	1700 local Quebec time (0000 UTC).
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 24 July 2011 at 1100
 	local Quebec City time.

2. Social Event
	General information: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/81/social
	Date: Tuesday, 26 July 2011
	Time: 1930 - 2200

	The IETF 81 social event, hosted by Research In Motion, will take
	place at the Musee de la civilization. 

	Research In Motion is excited to host IETF delegates at the
	spectacular Musee de la civilisation overlooking the St Lawrence
	River in Quebec City.  Entering through the main doors guests
	will receive a traditional welcome from Quebec First Nations
	drummers.  The museum will play host to a variety of local
	entertainers and artisans, while delegates enjoy a feast of
	Quebec food and wine.  The building will be fully open for guests
	to wander around the exhibits, you can come and go as you please,
	gaining a wealth of local knowledge around each corner.

3. Meeting and Training Schedule: 
	A. Meeting starts Monday morning and runs through Friday at 
	1515 local time. 
	B. Most training sessions will take place on Sunday afternoon 
	24 July 2011. 

4. Visas & Letters of Invitation: 
	Information on Visiting Canada, please visit:
	http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

	Countries and territories whose citizens require visas in order
	to enter Canada as visitors:
	http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

	Visitor Visa Exemptions:
	http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

	After you complete the registration process, you will be given
	the option of requesting a Letter of Invitation. You can request
	the Letter of Invitation as soon as you finish registration, or
	at a later time by following the link provided in the
	confirmation email. 

5.  Accommodations, Breakfast and Cancellation Policy
	The IETF is holding blocks of guest rooms at 5 hotels in Quebec
	City: the Hilton Quebec and Hotel Delta Quebec (both linked to
	the meeting venue, the Quebec Convention Centre), the Fairmont Le
	Chateau, Loews Hotel Le Concorde and Hotel Manoir Victoria, all
	are within a 10-15 minute walk to the meeting venue. 

	Room rates are inclusive of in room high-speed Internet access. 
	NOTE that breakfast is NOT included in the guest room rate, a
	continental breakfast will be served at the Meeting venue.

	Reservations Cut off Date: 22 June 2011 at Hilton, 23 June 2011
	at Delta, Fairmont, Loews and 7 July 2011 at Hotel Manoir
	Victoria.

	Guest Cancellation: Individuals may cancel reservations without
	penalty until 72 hours prior to check-in/arrival.  In case of
	cancellation less than 72 hours prior to the event or non-arrival
	or no-show, the Hotel holds the right to charge the individual
	one nights stay as a cancellation fee.

	For additional information on rates and policies, please visit:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/81/hotel.html

6.  Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years
	of age you can register them for the IETF Companion Program for
	only USD 15.00 

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 1630-1700 on
	Sunday, 24 July
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900
	on Sunday, 24 July
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue
	(not to be used to attend working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose
	to help communicate and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website
	or onsite at the meeting.

Only 86 days until the Quebec City IETF!