Subject: IETF 81 - Hotel Cutoff Dates Start on June 22

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:24:16 -0700 (PDT)

81st IETF Meeting
Quebec City, Canada
July 24 - 29, 2011
Host: Research In Motion (RIM)

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/81/

Accommodations, Breakfast and Cancellation Policy

	Reservations Cut off Date: 
	**22 June 2011 at Hilton**
	  Please note that rooms at the rate of $246 are still
	  available at the Hilton, please call the hotel directly
	  at +1-800-447-2411 or +1-418-547-2421 and identify 
	  yourself with the Internet Engineering Task Force
	23 June 2011 at Delta, Fairmont, Loews
	7 July 2011 at Hotel Manoir Victoria

	The IETF is holding blocks of guest rooms at 5 hotels in Quebec
	City: the Hilton Quebec and Hotel Delta Quebec (both linked to
	the meeting venue, the Quebec Convention Centre), the Fairmont Le
	Chateau, Loews Hotel Le Concorde and Hotel Manoir Victoria, all
	are within a 10-15 minute walk to the meeting venue. 

	Room rates are inclusive of in room high-speed Internet access. 
	NOTE that breakfast is NOT included in the guest room rate, a
	continental breakfast will be served at the Meeting venue.

	Guest Cancellation: Individuals may cancel reservations without
	penalty until 72 hours prior to check-in/arrival.  In case of
	cancellation less than 72 hours prior to the event or non-arrival
	or no-show, the Hotel holds the right to charge the individual
	one nights stay as a cancellation fee.

	For additional information on rates and policies, please visit:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/81/hotel.html

Only 36 days until the Quebec City IETF!

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:46:12 -0400

On Jun 17, 2011, at 4:24 PM, IETF Secretariat wrote:
...
> 	  yourself with the Internet Engineering Task Force

I was just told by the Hilton reservation agent that they could only accommodate me Sunday - Thursday. So this information is no longer accurate.

FYI,

--John

---

From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:52:51 -0400

Hi John,

I will check with the hotel, but they may have sold out all of the rooms in the IETF block  on the last few nights. I was told the hotel is fully booked and once our block is sold out, we will be unable to acquire additional rooms above our block.

Marcia

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:01:07 -0400

I called yesterday and the reservation agent told me the hotel was fully booked - she didn't even give me the option of Sun-Thurs. I ended up booking in the Delta (which also attaches to the Convention Center). 
Thanks,
Acee