Subject: Audio Streaming Update

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 12:53:19 -0700

There are a few new features to the audio streaming at IETF 81. First,  
VeriLAN has upgraded the audio streaming software and now the file  
breaks will happen automatically: this will make them more consistent  
and will minimize the possibility of lost audio files. As the files  
are streamed here in Quebec, they will be divided as they have been at  
prior meetings  -- into simple am and pm chunks, with an occasional  
secondary pm file for those rooms where there are evening sessions.  
However directly following the meeting we will run a script on the  
files that will divide the recordings into smaller files that  
correspond with the actual agenda slots. At future meetings we hope to  
finesse this so that the audio files are split into agenda-sized  
chunks during the recording process itself, hopefully by IETF 82.

Finally, the audio recordings are being copied to ietf.org every 10  
minutes, even as they are being recorded. IETF 81 audio recordings can  
be found at: http://www.ietf.org/audio/ietf81/

Regards,	
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>