Subject: New Meeting Materials & Interim Meeting Management Tools

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:03:50 -0700

Two new, and conjoined, tools have been deployed. The first is the  
long-awaited Interim Meeting Management tool. This tool allows WG  
chairs to create interim meetings and directly manage the associated  
materials. The materials will be immediately viewable in a public  
interim meetings proceeding directory, which is separate from the IETF  
meeting proceedings.

The second tool is an updated version of the existing Meeting  
Materials Manager, now converted to Django. lt functions much as the  
current tool does, though it looks a bit different, and because it's  
linked to the interim meeting tool you will also have the ability to  
manipulate materials for interim meetings.

We are not planning to deprecate the old tool until we know the new  
one is functioning correctly. Nor have we updated any web links yet.  
But we encourage you to use the new tool and to let us know if you  
experience any issues. The tools will accept your datatracker  
username / password, and you should see only those groups you are  
authorized to manage.  They can be found here:

Meeting Materials Manager: https://sec.ietf.org/sec/proceedings/

Interim Meeting Manager: https://sec.ietf.org/sec/proceedings/interim/

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:55:30 -0400

> We are not planning to deprecate the old tool until we know the new one is
> functioning correctly. Nor have we updated any web links yet. But we
> encourage you to use the new tool and to let us know if you experience any
> issues.

The first thing I notice is that the old tool allows me to look at the
agenda and minutes, while the new one doesn't (at least for the
agenda; I presume the minutes work the same).  I might not be sure
whether my co-chair put up the correct version of the agenda, say.  I
can always push out a new one anyway, or I can always go to the
meeting materials site to look... but it would be nice to just be able
to look at it here.

Barry

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:52:51 -0500

> meeting materials site to look... but it would be nice to just be able

+1

/a

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:26:34 -0700

Thanks, good suggestion. Ryan is going to add this functionality over  
the next couple of weeks.

Alexa

On Jul 19, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:

>> one is

-----------

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:16:45 +0100 (BST)

+1