Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-genarea-milestones-tool-05.txt> (Requirements for a Working Group Milestones Tool) to Informational RFC

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:47:32 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the General Area Open Meeting WG
(genarea) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for a Working Group Milestones Tool'
 <draft-ietf-genarea-milestones-tool-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

  The IETF intends to provide a new tool to Working Group chairs and
  Area Directors for the creation and updating of milestones for
  Working Group charters.  This document describes the requirements for
  the proposed new tool, and it is intended as input to a later
  activity for the design and development of such a tool.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-genarea-milestones-tool/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-genarea-milestones-tool/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 16:14:28 -0400

>  activity for the design and development of such a tool.

The current version seems to accurate reflect discussion, and what the
IESG and most of the WG chairs want.  Ship it.

One nit: the last sentence of each of the two paragraphs in section 3
is the same.  Y'only need one.

Barry

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:29:25 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Barry Leiba
> Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:14 PM
> To: IETF discussion list
> Cc: IETF WG Chairs
> Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-genarea-milestones-tool-05.txt>
> (Requirements for a Working Group Milestones Tool) to Informational RFC
> 

I agree; I've read it and it seems to match my understanding of consensus on the topic.

Make it so.