Subject: IETF 82 - Meeting Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:10:57 -0700 (PDT)

82nd IETF Meeting
Taipei, Taiwan
November 13-18, 2011
Host: Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)
	Host Website: http://ietf82.tw/
Meeting venue:  Taipei International Convention Center (TICC)
	http://www.ticc.com.tw/index_en.aspx

1.  Social Event Information
2.  Meet Taiwan Card
3.  Hyatt Hotel Guest Room Public Area Network
4.  Overflow Hotels - Taxis are inexpensive

1. Social Event: Cultural Night in Taipei
	Venue: Taipei World Trade Center Club at TWTC International Trade Building
	Taiwan Network Information Center is honored to welcome IETF delegates to 
	the Cultural Night in Taipei held at the top of the TWTC International 
	Trade Building, overlooking Taipei's latest developed business district.

	Taiwan is a place mixed with a variety of cultures. The Cultural Night in 
	Taipei will present all the guests the most popular traditional ritual 
	theatre performance, Techno Prince (Nezha), and the traditional Chinese 
	orchestra. All the guests will also be given souvenirs made by folk artists. 

	Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011
	Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
	Cost: US$ 40.00

	Additional information can be found at: http://ietf82.tw/social_events.html
	To Register for social: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf82/eventticket.py
	NOTE: You must first register for IETF 82 to purchase a social ticket.
	Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/

2. Meet Taiwan Card
	Taiwan's Bureau of Foreign Trade kindly provides all participants 
	of international meetings held in Taipei (including IETF 82) a MEET 
	TAIWAN CARD, which offers free wireless Internet service and various 
	discounts for shopping, dining, accommodation, transportation, leisure, 
	entertainment, communication, and other services during the meeting. 
	The MEET TAIWAN CARD is free of charge. For more details, please visit
	http://card.meettaiwan.com/welcome.aspx
	You can also access this information through the Host's Web Page at: 
	http://ietf82.tw/

	The Meet Taiwan Card will be distributed by the host at the Host Reception 
	Desk located in 1F South Foyer.

3.  Hyatt Hotel Guest Room Public Area Network
	The IETF network will be available in the Hyatt from Sunday, November 13 
	through Friday November 18 in the following areas:

	Guest room wired internet access: The IETF network will be limited to a certain 
	number of floors at the Hyatt. 

	If you made your reservation in the IETF block your room will be on a specified 
	floor with wired IETF network access. Because of the hotel equipment, there will 
	not be IPv6 access.  IETF attendees with reservations at the Hyatt outside of the 
	IETF room block may request their room be on one of the floors access to the IETF 
	network and the Hyatt will do their best to accommodate the request. Wireless in 
	all guest rooms will remain on the Hyatt Hotel network, however, the hotel is 
	increasing their available bandwidth to meet the expected increase in usage.

	Public area wireless: The lobby, restaurants, and clubs on floors 1, 2, and 3 
	of the Hyatt will have IETF wireless access in most locations. This will include 
	the full set of IETF SSIDs and services, including IPv6.
	Note that the Hyatt Hotel wireless will also be available in these areas.

4.  Overflow Hotels - Taxis are inexpensive
	Rooms are still available at the following overflow hotels:
	Shangri-La Hotel: 15 September 2011
	Deluxe Room (single): NTD 6,300; USD 215; EUR 150; JPY 16,511
	Howard Plaza Hotel: 19 October 2011
	Superior Room (single): NTD 4,800; USD 164; EUR 114; JPY 12,580

	The IETF Network will not be available for these hotels.

	For additional information on guestrooms, please visit:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/82/hotel.html

	Taxis are inexpensive and plentiful in Taiwan, the Metro system is also very
	convenient for getting from the overflow hotels to the main venue.

	Map showing location of various hotels and main meeting venue:
	http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202242792288504239937.0004abd9856d6ec81a436&msa=0&ll=25.035877,121.55797&spn=0.004977,0.009613

Only 23 days until the Taipei IETF!
Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/