Subject: IETF mail host listed on/at SORBS?

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:18:34 +0200

Just a heads up: i've just received several unsubscription notices for
the IETF hosted DNSOP WG mailing list due to 5xx bounces that claim
12.22.58.30 (mail.ietf.org) was listed on/at SORBS.

-Peter

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 01:22:56 -0400

Can you confirm that this is still happening (or not) ?

Marshall

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:54:33 +0200

> Can you confirm that this is still happening (or not) ?

the listing for 12.22.58.30 is still marked active at
<http://www.au.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml>

	Found 2 network entries and 0 host/domain entries.

	Problem Entries, (listings will cause email problems.)
	9 "Spam" entries [Latest: 23:01:38 01 Oct 2011 GMT+10].

	Problem hostnames/domains (could cause email problems.)
	9 "Spamvertised" entries [Latest: 23:01:38 01 Oct 2011 GMT+10].
	Note:These entries are for URLs or email domains, the IPs that may show up as 'spamvertised' only indicate where the URL/Host was seen being sent from. Listings for IPs that are 'spamvertised' will not usually cause blocking problems unless the email contains the IP address as a URL

Somebody else had opened a ticket w/ secretariat. Have not seen
any more (automated) unsubscriptions, though.

-Peter