Subject: Draft submission failing

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 21:52:02 -0400

I just tried to upload a draft (10 pm Saturday night EDT), but I never 
got to the validation screen. Submission returned the original screen 
instead. I tried the Status tab, but just got the old version of the draft.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Tom Taylor

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 21:58:53 -0400

That happens to me occasionally. Just wait a bit and try again...

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I just tried to upload a draft (10 pm Saturday night EDT), but I never got
> to the validation screen. Submission returned the original screen instead. I
> tried the Status tab, but just got the old version of the draft.
>
> I'll try again tomorrow.
>
> Tom Taylor
>

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:26:48 -0400

In my case it seems to be an issue with my Firefox installation. 
Submission still wouldn't work today, so I finally lost patience and 
used IE to do the job.

On 22/10/2011 9:58 PM, Donald Eastlake wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Tom Taylor<[email-masked]>  wrote:

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:56:16 -0400

Dunno, I usually use Safari.

Thanks,
Donald

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In my case it seems to be an issue with my Firefox installation. Submission
> still wouldn't work today, so I finally lost patience and used IE to do the
> job.
>
>>> got

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:36:24 +0200

Hi Tom,

> instead. I tried the Status tab, but just got the old version of the draft.

This has been reported once before (by Fred Baker, if I remember correctly)
but I was unable to duplicate the problem at that time, and unable to find
the bug :-(

Could you provide some more information in order for me to debug this?
(draft name and upload ID would be good).

> Submission still wouldn't work today, so I finally lost patience and 

Oho!  That's interesting information.  (Of course, it could also be an issue
not with the browser brand but with cookies being different in the two
browsers used.)

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:57:32 +0200

Hi again Tom,

I've started poking at this, and see that it would be very good to have
your IP address too, in order to pull the relevant lines out of the
web server log.  

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:31:04 +0200

Hi again,

I've found one point in the code where an IO failure can result in the
return of the form, with no messages.  For the next datatracker release,
probably later this week, I'm exposing any error message from the system
on the form, so the submitter gets feedback and so we can get more
information about what's actually happening in these cases.

Best regards,

	Henrik