Subject: IETF 82 - Meeting and Venue Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:14:37 -0700 (PDT)

82nd IETF Meeting
Taipei, Taiwan
November 13-18, 2011
Host: Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)
	Host Website: http://ietf82.tw/
Meeting venue:  Taipei International Convention Center (TICC)
	http://www.ticc.com.tw/index_en.aspx

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/

1.  IMPORTANT: Rules at Convention Center (TICC - Meeting Venue) for Underage Children
2.  Registration - Early Bird Cutoff: 4 November 2011
3.  Social Event Information
4.  Hyatt Hotel Guest Room Public Area Network
5.  Companion Program

1. Rules at Convention Center (TICC - Meeting Venue) for Underage Children
	Children aged 12 years old and under are not allowed to enter the Center 
	unless chaperoned at all times by an adult.

	No food or beverages shall be brought into the Center from outside vendors.

	No food or beverages are allowed to be brought into the meeting rooms and 
	working group sessions unless specifically served by TICC Catering.

	It has been recommended by local Taiwanese that tap water is not drinkable, 
	there will be several drinking fountains in the TICC that will have potable 
	water.

	The Terminal Room (4F VIP) will have 24 access starting on Sunday, 13 November 
	2011 at 4:00 PM (at the latest) until Friday, 18 November 2011 at 3:00 PM. To 
	enter TICC after 7:00 PM use the main entrance. NOTE: You will need to have 
	your badge to enter the Terminal Room.

2. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 650.00 Pay by Friday, 4 November 2011,
	   1700 PT (00:00 UTC) 
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 800.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 07 November 2011 
		at 1700 PT (0000 UTC). 
		Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent) cancellation fee if 
		requested by that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 11 November 2011, 1700 local 
	Taipei time.
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 13 November 2011 at 1100 local 
	Taipei time.

3. Hyatt Hotel Guest Room Public Area Network
	The IETF network will be available in the Hyatt from Sunday, November 13 
	through Friday November 18 in the following areas:

	Guest room wired internet access: The IETF network will be limited to a certain 
	number of floors at the Hyatt. 

	If you made your reservation in the IETF block your room will be on a specified 
	floor with wired IETF network access. Because of the hotel equipment, there will 
	not be IPv6 access.  IETF attendees with reservations at the Hyatt outside of the 
	IETF room block may request their room be on one of the floors access to the IETF 
	network and the Hyatt will do their best to accommodate the request. Wireless in 
	all guest rooms will remain on the Hyatt Hotel network, however, the hotel is 
	increasing their available bandwidth to meet the expected increase in usage.

	Public area wireless: The lobby, restaurants, and clubs on floors 1, 2, and 3 
	of the Hyatt will have IETF wireless access in most locations. This will include 
	the full set of IETF SSIDs and services, including IPv6.
	Note that the Hyatt Hotel wireless will also be available in these areas.

4. Social Event: Cultural Night in Taipei
	Venue: Taipei World Trade Center Club at TWTC International Trade Building
	Taiwan Network Information Center is honored to welcome IETF delegates to 
	the Cultural Night in Taipei held at the top of the TWTC International Trade 
	Building, overlooking Taipei's latest developed business district.

	Taiwan is a place mixed with a variety of cultures. The Cultural Night in 
	Taipei will present all the guests the most popular traditional ritual 
	theatre performance, Techno Prince (Nezha), and the traditional Chinese 
	orchestra. All the guests will also be given souvenirs made by folk artists. 

	Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011
	Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
	Cost: US$ 40.00

	Additional information can be found at: http://ietf82.tw/social_events.html
	To Register for social: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf82/eventticket.py
	NOTE: You must first register for IETF 82 to purchase a social ticket.
	Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/

5. Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years of age you 
	can register them for the IETF Companion Program for only USD 15.00 

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 1630-1730 on
	Sunday, 13 November
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900
	on Sunday, 13 November
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue
	(not to be used to attend working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose
	to help communicate and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website or onsite at 
	the meeting.

	To join the 82 companions mailing list see:
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82companions

Only 16 days until the Taipei IETF!
Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/