Subject: New proposal: Le Blé d'Or for Wednesday evening ?

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 03:41:55 -0500

> you should chnage the subject if you're changing the place, so the
> subject doesn't mislead ;-)

Good point.  So:

> Try google maps and search for "金色三麥, taipei". You should see
> a restaurant called "spice market" on the map where this is. It's
> about 2 blocks NE of Hyatt, right south of City Hall.
>
> Disclaimer, I haven't been there, and I'm trusting google maps...

Cool... looks good.

All: Shall we go there, Le Ble d'Or (Golden Wheat), on Wednesday?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%E9%87%91%E8%89%B2%E4%B8%89%E9%BA%A5,+taipei&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=25.037005,121.564493&spn=0.010634,0.016887&hq=%E9%87%91%E8%89%B2%E4%B8%89%E9%BA%A5,&hnear=Taipei+City,+Taiwan&t=m&vpsrc=6&z=16

It's just a short walk from the Hyatt.

Barry

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Nov 2011 10:41:04 -0000

>All: Shall we go there, Le Ble d'Or (Golden Wheat), on Wednesday?

Sure.  The rightmost button on their web site is for making
reservations.  Should someone make one?

http://www.lebledor.com.tw/booking.php

R's,
John

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:42:59 +0000

The brew pub sounds good... has anyone been there yet?

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:06:11 +0800

what are the final arrangements for tonight?

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:16:38 -0800

> what are the final arrangements for tonight?

I thought this was it. I realize there is maybe some confusion though,
with no one making any final announcements.

 From the discussion we've had, I'm pretty sure this is the best choice
here in Taipei. At least taking all things into account, including
vicinity to the IETF and the size of the place.

Regarding reservations below. I believe we should be OK. It's a really
huge place, and I expect Wednesday nights not all that busy.

There's both food and beer there. The beer is good, I cannot speak for
the food, but a fairly extensive menu.

Also, there is no loud music or anything, so should be conductive to
talking.

Stig

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:17:37 -0500

> what are the final arrangements for tonight?

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg10194.html

...et seq.

Barry

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:37:59 +0800

i saw the sequence before sending my note.  it does not appear to have produced 
a final declaration by whoever is in charge.

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:16:10 +0800

On 11/16/11 2:37 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
> i saw the sequence before sending my note.  it does not appear to have 
> produced a final declaration by whoever is in charge.

I don't think anyone's exactly in charge this time around.

I plan to go to Le Blé d'Or this evening after the plenary, but I speak 
only for myself. I suspect many other chairs will be there as well, 
presumably near "the back" (as it's been called earlier).

/a