Subject: IETF 82 - Early Bird Cutoff - Friday, 4 November 2011

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 13:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

82nd IETF Meeting
Taipei, Taiwan
November 13-18, 2011
Host: Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)
	Host Website: http://ietf82.tw/
Meeting venue:  Taipei International Convention Center (TICC)
	http://www.ticc.com.tw/index_en.aspx

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/

1.  Registration - Early Bird Cutoff: Friday, 4 November 2011
2.  CLARIFICATION: Rules at Convention Center (TICC - Meeting Venue)
3.  Social Event Information
4.  Hyatt Hotel Guest Room Public Area Network
5.  Companion Program

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 650.00 Pay by Friday, 4 November 2011,
	   1700 PT (00:00 UTC) 
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 800.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 07 November 2011 
		at 1700 PT (0000 UTC). 
		Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent) cancellation fee if 
		requested by that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 11 November 2011, 1700
	local Taipei time.
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 13 November 2011 at 1100 local 
	Taipei time.

2. CLARIFICATION: Rules at Convention Center (TICC - Meeting Venue)
	Please visit: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/82/things-to-note.html
	for additional information.

	Children aged 12 years old and under are not allowed to enter the Center 
	unless chaperoned at all times by an adult.

	The Convention Center does not typically permit food or beverages from
 	outside vendors. However, the Center will permit food for anyone who has
	special dietary requirements or restrictions. In addition, during the 
	IETF meeting dates, both the International Lounge (2F Buffet Restaurant) 
	and 1F Corner Cafe will offer vegetarian, as well as gluten free, selections.

	2F - Buffet Lunch - NT$ 500+10% (excluded tax 5%)
	1F - Sandwich and Salad Box - NT$ 200+10% (excluded tax 5%)
	Noodle Lunch Set - NT$ 200+10% (excluded tax 5%)

	Please note that food -- whether purchased onsite or offsite -- is only
	allowed in certain designated areas of the Convention Center. The only rooms
	that will allow food for specific meetings are:	
	103, 105, 202 A and 3F North Lounge, 3F South Lounge and 3F Banquet

	It has been recommended by local Taiwanese that tap water is not drinkable, 
	there will be several drinking fountains in the TICC that will have potable 
	water.

	The Terminal Room (4F VIP) will have 24-hour access starting on Sunday, 
	13 November 2011 at 4:00 PM (at the latest) until Friday, 18 November 2011
	at 3:00 PM. To enter TICC after 7:00 PM use the main entrance. 
	NOTE: You will need to have your badge to enter the Terminal Room.

3. Social Event: Cultural Night in Taipei
	Venue: Taipei World Trade Center Club at TWTC International Trade 
	Building Taiwan Network Information Center is honored to welcome IETF
	delegates to the Cultural Night in Taipei held at the top of the TWTC
	International Trade Building, overlooking Taipei's latest developed business 
	district.

	Taiwan is a place mixed with a variety of cultures. The Cultural Night in 
	Taipei will present all the guests the most popular traditional ritual 
	theatre performance, Techno Prince (Nezha), and the traditional Chinese 
	orchestra. All the guests will also be given souvenirs made by folk artists. 

	Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011
	Time: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
	Cost: US$ 40.00

	Additional information can be found at: http://ietf82.tw/social_events.html
	To Register for social: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf82/eventticket.py
	NOTE: You must first register for IETF 82 to purchase a social ticket.
	Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/

4. Hyatt Hotel Guest Room Public Area Network
	The IETF network will be available in the Hyatt from Sunday, November 13 
	through Friday November 18 in the following areas:

	Guest room wired internet access: The IETF network will be limited to a
	certain number of floors at the Hyatt. 

	If you made your reservation in the IETF block your room will be on a
	specified floor with wired IETF network access. Because of the hotel
	equipment, there will not be IPv6 access.  IETF attendees with reservations
	at the Hyatt outside of the IETF room block may request their room be on
	one of the floors access to the IETF network and the Hyatt will do their best 
	to accommodate the request. Wireless in all guest rooms will remain on the
	Hyatt Hotel network, however, the hotel is increasing their available 
	bandwidth to meet the expected increase in usage.

	Public area wireless: The lobby, restaurants, and clubs on floors 1, 2, and 3 
	of the Hyatt will have IETF wireless access in most locations. This will
	include the full set of IETF SSIDs and services, including IPv6.
	Note that the Hyatt Hotel wireless will also be available in these areas.

5. Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years of age you 
	can register them for the IETF Companion Program for only USD 15.00 

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 1630-1730 on
	Sunday, 13 November
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900
	on Sunday, 13 November
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue
	(not to be used to attend working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose
	to help communicate and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website or onsite
	at the meeting.

	To join the 82 companions mailing list see:
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82companions

Only 9 days until the Taipei IETF!
Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/82/