Subject: Locating meeting slides, etc

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 05:09:50 -0400

Hi.

Just as a heads up from the remote participant direction...

IIR, the "meeting notes" link from the Tools agenda (or whatever
was in that column) used to point to the slides for each
session.  It now points to the minutes/ Etherpad page, which is
fine, except that there is no way for a casual remote
participant to figure out how to find the slides.

_Please_ either update you agenda pages to point to your slide
decks and related materials, make sure scribes enter the link
into the Etherpad at the beginning of the meeting, or both.

thx
   john

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:20:10 -0400

If I can inject a couple of other thoughts:

(1) The incremental re-order feature is a real pain as a replacement
to the previous general re-ordering. I chair a group with a moderately
large agenda and got the slides for an early presentation in late this
morning and it was a real pain.

(2) I find the opaque file names to be quite user un-friendly. I don't
care what sort of automatically generated prefix they have but it
would be an enormous improvement if the title could be tacked on the
end of the file or the like....

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:05:43 +0200

Hi Donald,

I think this is good feedback.  I'm going to forward it to the secretariat
developer who's working on this, and I expect he'll act on it pretty swiftly.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:48:30 -0400

> end of the file or the like....

+1k

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:36:17 +0200

> end of the file or the like....

+1

Especially bad since they are named in the order uploaded rather than in 
the current ordering.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:32:38 -0500

At 01:36 AM 3/27/2012, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
>Especially bad since they are named in the order uploaded rather 
>than in the current ordering.

I've been doing a preso naming convention in TSVWG that includes

- the order the presos are given in
- which IETF this preso was given at/in
- a concise preso name that isn't the filename (which can be abstract)

Yeah it takes a bit of time to manage and enter, but the benefits are that:

- anyone who knows about where in a session a presentation was given 
can have a good chance of not having to search through all files to 
'get' a copy of the preso they want (because they are numbered 
correctly and the filename is the (concise) title of the draft)

- it's easier to launch the correct file as a chair from the website 
(because they are all number in the order they are given.

I see a couple of other WGs doing a similar thing, which I like to 
see when I'm searching for a preso from another WG session.

James