Subject: Initial WG draft approval

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:44:45 -0500

Hi All,
     I have been using the following URL substantially to approve
initial versions of WG drafts:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_init_rev_approval.cgi

Today, I accessed this link to approve a new 6MAN WG draft and it
immediately dumped me into the datatrackers document search screen.

Did something happen during the datatracker conversion that rendered the
above URL obsolete?  I also tried the link off the WG Chair's page and
it does not work as well.

Thoughts?

Brian

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 14:21:14 -0600

Hi Brian,

I approved an initial WG draft today. I first went to the datatracker
page for the initial draft and did not see any approve button. Next I
signed in and immediately saw the approve button and I used that
button to approve. Everything went OK.

Regards,

Behcet

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:28:55 -0500

Hi Behcet,
      Thanks.  That works, but it does obsolete the link off the WG 
Chair's page.

Regards,
Brian

On 3/5/12 3:21 PM, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Brian Haberman<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> Hi All,

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:39:02 -0600

I'd say the main issue is that the (defunct?) tool at 
wg_init_rev_approval.cgi allowed *pre*approval of a document, while the 
other approach requires a reactive approval. It was kind of nice to put 
in a pre-approval, and then have the doc go through immediately once the 
author submitted it (especially when things like -00 deadlines are looming).

/a

On 3/5/12 2:28 PM, Brian Haberman wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Brian 
>> Haberman<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>> Hi All,

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:44:02 +0100

Hi Adam,

> author submitted it (especially when things like -00 deadlines are looming).

Good point.  We need to improve the current approval interface with pre-approval
functionality.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:51:34 -0500

> Good point.  We need to improve the current approval interface with pre-approval

When we do, one request, please:
The old pre-approval system let me see everything I've pre-approved,
but not what my co-chairs have pre-approved.  It would be nice to be
able to see (1) all my pre-approvals, and (2) a list of the working
groups I co-chair, as links to lists of all the pre-approvals by any
chair for each of those WGs.  (Extra points: for an AD, a list of of
the WGs in the AD's area, as links....)

Barry

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:19:24 -0500

I certainly used preapproval majority of the time. That also gave me a 
way of telling the authors

"When you upload the document, use >>this<< name -- I've already 
approved its use."

     Tony Hansen

On 3/5/2012 3:39 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
> wg_init_rev_approval.cgi allowed *pre*approval of a document, while 
> the other approach requires a reactive approval. It was kind of nice 
> to put in a pre-approval, and then have the doc go through immediately 
> once the author submitted it (especially when things like -00 
> deadlines are looming).
>
> /a
>