Subject: Keeping a Technical Specification clean (was: [spfbis] #58: Local policy in 4408bis)

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 03:49:40 -0700

At 12:55 12-09-2012, Barry Leiba wrote:
>That's for the WG to decide.  There's value in keeping a TS clean, 
>and there's value in including AS information in the TS document.  Judgment.

SPF has a lot of history and there are strong positions when it comes 
to how the protocol should work.  There are questions such as:

  (a) whether to keep the specification as a Technical Specification to
      spare the next person who takes over the trouble of having to deal
      with the same issues again.

  (b) how to prevent Application Statement information from turning a
      Technical Specification into a matter of religion.

  (c) how to deal with a specification which contains the following:

       'This section is not a "how-to" manual, or a "best practices"
        document, and it is not a comprehensive list of what such
        entities should do in light of this document.'

Any advice is welcome.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy