Subject: "Thank you, and see you in Vancouver"

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:06:20 +0200

I have been hearing the phrase in the subject line a bunch this week. This kind of sounds like "I won't see you on the list for another few months", which is definitely not the tone most chairs want to set. Maybe we should be saying "Thank you, and see you on the list".

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: "Derek Atkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:19:47 -0400

On Wed, July 31, 2013 12:06 pm, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> I have been hearing the phrase in the subject line a bunch this week. This
> kind of sounds like "I won't see you on the list for another few months",
> which is definitely not the tone most chairs want to set. Maybe we should
> be saying "Thank you, and see you on the list".

I don't know about you but I rarely see people on mailing lists; I only
hear from them on the lists.  So technically, yes, the next time I will
actually *see* many people is in Vancouver, even if I'll be communicating
with them next week.

> --Paul Hoffman

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:27:19 +0200

On 7/31/2013 6:19 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I don't know about you but I rarely see people on mailing lists

I'll bet you do, in your mind's eye...

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net