Subject: Chair dinner?

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:33:52 +0200

I hear they have beer in Berlin...

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:36:19 +0200

> I hear they have beer in Berlin...
there is going to be a bierfestival starting on Friday

http://www.bierfestival-berlin.de/index%20eng.html

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:37:50 +0200

> I hear they have beer in Berlin...

I have a 30-60 minute thing right after the plenary, but wouldn't mind 
knowing where you folks land, in case I can make it.

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:18:40 -0400

> knowing where you folks land, in case I can make it.

A few of us are going to the nearby Biergarten.  Others would
certainly be Willkommen.

Barry

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:29:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Barry Leiba wrote:

> A few of us are going to the nearby Biergarten.

Which one?  (There are at least two.)

One is Cafe on Neuen See.  It's "over the bridge".  Much larger than 
Schleusenkrug.  Semi-self-serve food includes pizza, ribs, wurst, salads. 
They also have a white-tablecloth restaurant. 
http://www.cafeamneuensee.de/biergarten/

The other is Schleusenkrug, at the far end of the zoo (no crossing of the 
water).  Find a table, take note of the table number, then order at the 
window.  Food is brought to you.  Be warned that the path you take there 
(along the water) may be closed later in the evening, and you may need to 
come back by going around the zoo.
schleusenkrug.de

I found the food better and more diverse at Schleusenkrug, though one 
could argue that the atmospehere is better at Cafe on Neuen See.

-- Sam

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:42:03 -0400

I think we were thinking of Neuen Zee.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I found the food better and more diverse at Schleusenkrug, though one could
> argue that the atmospehere is better at Cafe on Neuen See.
>
> -- Sam
>

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:46:30 +0100

It's easy to get to, just go out the back of the hotel through the restaurant door, follow the path to the river, then turn left along the river, under the bridge, up the other side on to the bridge, cross, and its 200m or so on the left.

--
Tim

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 2013 18:18:24 -0000

>A few of us are going to the nearby Biergarten.  Others would

Which one?  Cafe am neun Zee (other side of the river) or
Schleusenkrug (this side of the river, behind the zoo)

Reviews say Schleusenkrug is better.

---

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 20:48:03 +0200

Ok, guys see you at the Cafe am Neuen See (CANS).
Cheers, Tobias

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 23:08:55 +0200

> Ok, guys see you at the Cafe am Neuen See (CANS).

Sorry.  My 0-60 minute thing lasted the rest of the evening.

d/