Subject: Collecting input on future xml2rfc vocabulary

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:35:30 -0800

Hello WG Chairs,

I would like to enlist your assistance in getting the word out to active
authors about current efforts to update the xml2rfc vocabulary and DTD.
Some of the best input comes at the point when an author is trying to
create a draft and finds themselves wishing that xml2rfc had a
particular feature, or behaved in a different way.  Now is the best time
to collect that information, since the RFC Format Design Team is in the
process of recommending a variety of changes to support the new proposed
formats for RFCs.

Authors should send their suggestions to the [email-masked]
mailing list, where they will be discussed and then captured by the
design team.  The archives of that list (available from
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2014-January/thread.html>)
provide details on what has already been discussed.  The Design Team
wiki (read-only) has also captured some of the discussion and decisions
so far.  See:
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php?id=design:xml-tags>.

Thank you for your help,
Heather Flanagan
RFC Series Editor