Subject: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:41:36 -0700

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) desires community input on a Statement of 
Work (SOW) for redesigning the public-facing IETF website (www.ietf.org) before pursuing a Request
for Proposals (RFP).

Goals for the project include:

·       Modernizing the website style,
.       Making the website work better for all classes of devices,
·       Incorporating current best-practices in website design and implementation, and
·       Improving content maintenance processes.

The redesign aims to improve how the website works for IETF participants, support new and 
potential IETF participants in becoming successful active contributors, and better inform 
other interested individuals about the work of the IETF. Usability testing and other forms of input 
from key audiences, including current IETF participants, will guide the project. The broader IETF 
community will be kept informed as the project progresses.

The complete draft Statement of Work is available at:
http://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF-Website-SOW-20140205.pdf

The IAOC appreciates any input from the community and will consider all input received by 25 March.

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may be used in the 
development of the SOW.

Thanks for your continuing advice and support.

Ray Pelletier 
IETF Administrative Director

---

From: mohammed serrhini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 05:39:21 +0400

Hello
to Modernize the web site  visual design  the main page must be not scrollable  as it is now.

7.d.vii: "For pages that require the use of applets, a link to the page where the user can obtain the plug-ins will be provided. some plugins are known as 0 days attacks vulnerability .
I propose also a link to update this plugins if out of date.

for 2 .c  and e.i .Responsive Design: I propose for mobile devices that mobile version of the IETF web site must be developed and accessible from the link m.ietf.org 

for 5. h. Events calendar must be in the form of  calendar months table with selection button of years and month to allow users to select date quickly and to view the full IETF agenda By Month and by year

best
Serrhini Mohammed