Subject: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-secretaries-good-practices-03.txt

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 13:25:16 +0200

Hello WG Chairs,

based on our experiences as WG Secretaries we have written a draft 
describing the role.
After few revisions we believe is is now in shape to share it with you
and get your opinion an inputs.

So please, take a look at it and tell us what you think of it.
Thanks

Martin, on behalf of the authors and contributors

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: I-D Action: draft-secretaries-good-practices-03.txt
Date : Mon, 19 May 2014 03:33:40 -0700
De : <[email-masked]>
Répondre à : <[email-masked]>
Pour : <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Working Group Secretaries
         Authors         : Martin Vigoureux
                           Daniel King
                           Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-secretaries-good-practices-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-05-19

Abstract:
    The Working Group Secretary's role was succinctly defined in RFC
    2418. However, this role has greatly evolved and increased both in
    value and scope since the writing of RFC 2418. This document updates
    RFC 2418 by providing a new definition of the Working Group
    Secretary's role. This document also provides a compilation of good
    practices and some general guidelines regarding the fulfilment of the
    role.

    This document is intended for established Working Group Secretaries,
    individuals desirous of taking up that role, or anyone else simply
    interested in understanding better the Working Group Secretary's
    role. This document may also be useful for Working Group Chairs to
    better appreciate and help develop the value of Working Group
    Secretaries.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-secretaries-good-practices/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-secretaries-good-practices-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-secretaries-good-practices-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 15:11:48 +0200

Martin, authors

I read an earlier version now I only checked the diffs
I still think this is very useful, it strikes the
balance between that wg's are different, and that there are many
things that a wg secretary can do.

Like keeping wg-chairs on track, well at least one particular
wg chair ;) !

My question is what you intend to do with the document, I'd like to
find an Ad that could shepherd it - why not ask Jari??

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 08:39:22 +0100

I'll sponsor it unless you can find a better candidate.

A

> -----Original Message-----
> From: WGChairs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Loa Andersson
> Sent: 19 May 2014 14:12
> To: Martin Vigoureux; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-secretaries-good-practices-03.txt
> 
> Martin, authors
>

---

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:48:31 +0200

Loa,

thanks :-)

We effectively intend to progress it as an AD sponsored document.

-m

---

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:50:00 +0200

Thank you Adrian.