Subject: Secretaries 03 proposed changes - Further comments welcome

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 18:04:20 +0200

Spencer, Lou, Hannes,

following your comments here are the proposed changes to the draft.
Let me know if you are ok with them.

All, we still welcome additional comments. Please do share them.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-secretaries-good-practices-03

Spencer:
in: Securing Jabber relays and minute takers
OLD:
While the WG Secretary would typically act as the minute taker, he/her 
could also request a second volunteer tasked with taking notes during 
the WG session.
NEW:
While the WG Secretary would typically act as the minute taker, he/she 
could also request a second volunteer tasked with taking notes during 
the WG session. This is particularly needed in the case where the WG 
Secretary will participate in the technical discussions during the WG 
session.

in: Publishing the WG session minutes
ADDED (at the end of 1§):
Alternatively, depending on the WG Chairs' preferences, the Secretary 
could nearly immediately share with the WG the raw minutes and collect 
corrections.

in: Monitoring compliance with IETF IPR rules
s/Monitoring/Watching over/

in: Attending WG Chairs' training
OLD:
Working Group Secretaries are invited to the IETF WG Chairs’ lunch tutorial.
NEW:
Working Group Secretaries are invited to the IETF WG Chairs’ lunch 
tutorial held during IETF meetings, usually on Wednesdays. The WG 
Secretaries are also welcome to attend, when it is scheduled, the Sunday 
afternoon training on WG Leadership.

And finally, I moved a couple of sentences from the conclusion to the 
introduction and switched the last two paragraphs of the conclusion.

Lou:
I added the Etherpad in the list of tools in the introduction, and
applied the following change in: During the WG session
OLD:
The WG Secretary would typically act as the minute taker.
NEW:
The WG Secretary would typically act as the minute taker. For that 
purpose the WG Secretary could make use of the Etherpad tool (available 
from each WG web page at https://tools.ietf.org) which enables the other 
WG participants to also contribute, as well as provides immediate access 
to the minutes.

Hannes:
Upon you suggestion refer to events like interim meetings, I applied the 
following change in the Conclusion
OLD:
The previous section listed the possible functions and responsibilities 
of WG Secretaries. The role of a WG Secretary can range from a few of 
these to the full spectrum of them, and even beyond.
NEW:
The previous section listed the typical functions and responsibilities 
of WG Secretaries. The role of a WG Secretary can range from a few of 
these to the full spectrum of them, and even beyond. In that regard, 
there is a number of additional WG related events to which the support 
of the WG Secretary would be useful. Those were not discussed simply 
because of their much less frequent occurrence. Those for example 
include planning and setting for WG interim meetings, design team 
meetings, etc. Nevertheless, some tasks described herein apply to these 
contexts.

Thanks
-m

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:34:49 -0400

Martin,
    Sorry about the delayed response...

On 5/23/2014 12:04 PM, Martin Vigoureux wrote:
> ...

> WG participants to also contribute, as well as provides immediate access 

Looks great.

Thanks.