Subject: Note well slide

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:05:13 -0400

In my happier moments, I thought I'd get out of this meeting without
having to prepare any chair slides.  We live in constant hope.

Anyway, I recall various angry sentiments about note well slides at
previous meetings, and much grumbling because OMG SOMETHING CHANGED.
But regardless, I now cannot find any version of any standard "note
well" slide, and I realise I need one.  Anyone got a pointer?  Also,
is it just that I'm stupid, or is this harder to find than it should
be?  Like, from the chairs wiki, maybe?  (Promise to update if I get a
pointer.)

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 10:12:41 -0500

http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html

I got to this link from:
http://www.ietf.org/wg/chairs-page.html   (Note Well link under IPR
Information)

Mary.

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:14:13 -0400

Ah, yes, but that's the old form.  Weren't we using some new even more
summarized, less-tiny-print version?

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:15:26 -0400

> summarized, less-tiny-print version?

If it’s not on the wiki, it didn’t happen.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:16:06 -0400

> summarized, less-tiny-print version?

my memory tells me that this tiny version is on hold for the moment, and therefore we have reverted to the full version. but my memory may be wrong.

Regards, Marc.

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 11:22:32 -0400

> my memory tells me that this tiny version is on hold for the moment, and therefore we have reverted to the full version. but my memory may be wrong.

Aha.  I suppose this shows how important I think the decision is,
because everyone who's been to >1± session is going to have the exact
same response anyway, which is to let the slide flash by and semi-know
that they agreed to all this.  But anyway, thanks both of you for your help!

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 03:31:56 +1200

The first page that you get when you register for the meeting is the
Note Well text.For my BOF agenda I took an executive decision to add
the following to the first slide:

You are deemed to have read and understood the “Note Well” page and the rules it refers to.

Since no human being is ever going to read the full text on a slide,
this seems to me to be quite sufficient.

Regards
   Brian

On 21/07/2014 03:12, Mary Barnes wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> BOFChairs mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bofchairs

---

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 23:25:05 -0400

I think the word is that the IESG withdrew the "summarized, less-tiny-print version" because of the concerns expressed on this list:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg12393.html.

See last Jan's thread for some of the concerns.

--Sandy