Subject: IETF 91 Scheduling - Conflicts

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:04:31 -0700

Hello Everyone,

This is a friendly reminder to please ensure your list of conflicts is complete and up to date prior to submitting your session request for IETF 91. 

After BoFs have been approved (prior to UTC 23:59 on October 3rd, 2014) we will send out an email detailing the BoFs for IETF 91 and ask that WG Chairs and RG Chairs inform the Secretariat (via email at [email-masked]) of any BoF conflicts. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you,

IETF Secretariat

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:45:16 -0400

Adding to what the Secretariat says:
Chairs, please look closely at your list of conflicts and do what you
reasonably can to pare down the list.  Perhaps you have some stuff in
there that's old.  Perhaps there's some conflict you can address in
how you arrange the working group agendas.  Keep in mind that we have
three levels of conflict to pick from, and a first-level conflict is
supposed to be limited to those that will make your session simply not
be productive.

The scheduling is always a huge challenge, first for the Secretariat
and then for the IESG.  We always wind up with situations we'd rather
not have, but that we just can't resolve.  It helps a great deal if
the conflict lists are tight and accurate.

Thanks,
Barry, Applications AD