Subject: Brain fart: Making a draft "related"

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:34:01 -0400

Hi there,

I have a document (draft-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-01.txt) that we are
considering adopting in OpsAWG. I'd like the document to show up in
the "Related Internet-Drafts" section of the OpsAWG datatracker page,
but it doesn't have the string -opsawg- anywhere in the title, and so
doesn't automagically do so.

I'm fairly sure that there is a way to do this *without bothering the
secretariat*, but am unable to remember / find it. I seem to remember
something buried in datatracker somewhere, but...

Anyone remember?

W

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:44:48 -0500

If you mark the draft as a candidate for adoption, it will then show up 
in the related section.
I'd have to poke a bit to remember how to do that.

RjS

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:05:12 -0500

So after poking:

The path available to you right now is not the greatest.
You have to hit the [Adopt in WG] button and follow the resulting 
dialogs to completion.
That will put the document in in "Call for adoption issued".
It also sends a bunch of mail to your wg list that you will have to 
follow up on an say "not really".
You can change that immediately to "Candidate for adoption" using the 
edit control
for the IETF state on the document's main page.

That's suboptimal, and we already have a ticket to improve the situation
(see <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1406>). I'll nudge 
its priority upward

So you can go that route, or mail the secretariat and they can get the 
document into the right state
without the extra noise to the list.

RjS

On 8/12/14, 1:44 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> If you mark the draft as a candidate for adoption, it will then show 
> up in the related section.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:09:56 -0400

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:
> You have to hit the [Adopt in WG] button and follow the resulting dialogs to
> completion.
> It also sends a bunch of mail to your wg list that you will have to follow
> up on an say "not really".
> You can change that immediately to "Candidate for adoption" using the edit
> control
> (see <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1406>). I'll nudge its
> priority upward
>

Ah, that sounds best :-)

Otherwise, I've already started a CfA -- I can just wait the 2 weeks
and hten formally adopt it :-)

Thanks Robert.
W

>> If you mark the draft as a candidate for adoption, it will then show up in
>> the related section.