Subject: Notifications about new datatracker releases.

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:46:31 +0100

Hi,

It has been suggested to me that datatracker release notifications
should go to the wgchairs list, in addition to the [email-masked] and
[email-masked] lists and various individuals.

Background:

When there is a new datatracker release, an email notification with a
summary of relevant changes at the top, and a more detailed change-list
following, is automatically sent out to interested parties.  So far this
year, there has been 24 releases, or about one release every 2nd week.
Earlier years have seen slightly fewer releases.  You can browse the
release notes of the deployed releases here:  

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/

Based on feedback regarding the datatracker features that are useful to
WG Chairs in particular, it seems that many chairs are unaware of new
features that appear from time to time, and that sending the release
notification messages to the wgchairs list would be a good idea.

Next:

I'll manually send the two most recent release notes to the list, so you
can see what they look like; and will also arrange for the notes for the
upcoming release to go the list (unless you say 'nay' before we come that
far :)

If it seems to you that this is _not_ something you would like to keep
being sent to the list, please let me know -- it is trivially easy to
remove the list address from the automated notification address list again.

Best regards,

	Henrik