Subject: WG Chairs Beers Outing

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 18:58:20 -1000

Hi all,

I suggest Yardhouse for the IETF 91 WG Chairs Beer Bash.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yard-house-honolulu

Look good?

-MSK

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:04:18 -1000

> http://www.yelp.com/biz/yard-house-honolulu

The warning I would give is that we tried to go there as a group of 
eight on Saturday. They gave us a pager, and told us that they'd page us 
when they had some idea about how long it would take to seat us. 45 
minutes later (and after repeatedly checking with them), they still had 
no idea how long it would take to seat us. When we left, it appeared 
that parties of two were being told that getting in would take on the 
order of one hour. I suspect we could have hung around outside until 
closing time without ever getting in.

Weeknights will almost certainly be a different story, although I don't 
know by how much.

/a

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:06:28 -1000

It's Wednesday after the Operational plenary, for those not aware of the
usual time.

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 03:06:47 -0500

THe dinner party I was with was going to go there tonight.  However, we 
left in part because it was clear that we would not be able to hear each 
other over the noise.  (The 45 minute wait for a table for 3 clarified 
the decision.)

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:20:31 -0500

A group of us were considering the Yard House last night.  I called them
to see about reservations.  Apparently if you call ahead you *can* put
your name in for a "call ahead list".  Note that they only take a
call-ahead list for > 1 hour out.  I.e., if you call at 7pm the earliest
they will take you is 8pm.

So I would recommend that someone (Not It!) call ahead, perhaps around
6pm, and put in for the group.

-derek

"Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]> writes:

> THe dinner party I was with was going to go there tonight.  However,
> we left in part because it was clear that we would not be able to hear
> each other over the noise.  (The 45 minute wait for a table for 3
> clarified the decision.)
>

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

---

From: Tim Draegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:56:13 -1000

Is this one of those things where someone needs to call immediately when the plenary ends?

> On Nov 11, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Derek Atkins <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:01:47 -0500

More likely I think you should call before the plenary begins.

-derek

---

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 05:26:36 +0000

Are folks gathering for this anywhere? What time?

-------- Original message --------
From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date:11/12/2014 1:02 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: Tim Draegen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: WG Chairs Beers Outing

-derek

Tim Draegen <[email-masked]> writes:

>>       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com<http://www.ihtfp.com>

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com<http://www.ihtfp.com>
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 21:27:40 -1000

Several of us are there now. Huge beer selection. Standing room only until
you get a table, or you can circle the bar waiting for something to open up.