Subject: Connectivity Problems with IETF Tools Page

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:14:11 +0100

Over the last few days I had noticed problems connecting to the IETF
tools page (such as https://tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/report/1).

Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It was always slow.

Did someone notice something similar or is it just my side?

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:16:34 +0800

Hannes,

I've had the same problem on and off for a couple of days. Especially
for the trac tools.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 09:54:28 +0000

I though it was our firewall, but just confirmed that xml2rfc.ietf.org is also reacting very sporadically...

-----Original Message-----
From: WGChairs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Dienstag, 02. Dezember 2014 10:14
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Connectivity Problems with IETF Tools Page

Over the last few days I had noticed problems connecting to the IETF tools page (such as https://tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/report/1).

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 09:56:22 +0000

I also has the same problem today. It was accessible several hours ago. It is now showed CONNECTION_FAILED.

Sheng

>From: WGChairs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Loa
>Andersson
>Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 5:17 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Connectivity Problems with IETF Tools Page
>
>Hannes,
>

---

From: Daniel Burnett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 07:16:09 -0500

Yes, I was having the same problem yesterday, with anything hosted at
tools.ietf.org.  Haven't had time to try to debug yet . . .

-- dan

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:14 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]
> wrote:

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:43:10 +0000

Adding tools-discuss where answers may be found...

S

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 09:18:28 -0500

>> tools.ietf.org.  Haven't had time to try to debug yet . . .

I also didn't debug (kvetching is easier, and more fun!), but
yesterday at ~1:00AM UTC (8PM EST) tools.ietf.org was unreachable for
me, and for http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tools.ietf.org:
"It's not just you! http://tools.ietf.org looks down from here."

Seeing as I didn't debug anything, this is simply noise / Me Too!

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 09:46:08 -0500

Had the same. i thought it was dnssec or tls related as once it came on slowly, a shift reload worked instantly. But could also be a simple server overload

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 2, 2014, at 04:14, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: "Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 17:53:32 +0000

The last time I had problems with this, it turned out to be a difference 
between v4 and v6.  Someone had added a blacklist to one of my v4 blocks 
on the ingress side to an IETF site.  Where I had v6 connectivity, 
everything worked fine, and Happy Eyeballs sometimes made initial 
connection times higher than expected.

On 12/2/14, 2:46 PM, "Paul" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Had the same. i thought it was dnssec or tls related as once it came on 
>slowly, a shift reload worked instantly. But could also be a simple 
>server overload
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>

-- 
Joe Hildebrand