Subject: Request for Proposals: Software Development

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:25:03 -0800

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the IETF, is 
seeking one or more vendors to provide software development services.  The successful 
bidder(s) will enter into a contract with the Internet Society.

The Internet Society (ISOC) desires to enter into an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite 
Quantity (IDIQ) Master Services Agreement (MSA) with one or more software 
development companies with which to accomplish its objectives.  The MSA is an 
Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract because it cannot be determined at 
this time the nature and number of applications that will be necessary.  The MSA shall 
be for a three-year period with an option for two, one-year extensions.   Through the MSA 
Work Orders will be issued for the delivery of specified software.

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards development work is
supported by several specialized software tools, such as the Datatracker, idnits, xml2rfc, 
rfcdiff, and many others.  New tools and significant changes to existing tools will be needed, 
for instance, to support the upcoming change in the RFC publication format. These tools may 
be developed in Python using the Django framework, or other software if there is a significant 
advantage or requirement to do so.

Being selected for entering into a Master Services Agreement will be a two-step process:

1. Responses to this RFP will be used to identify qualified vendors to proceed to step two;

2. Invited vendors will be asked to provide pricing information for the development of a 
specific application, including the assumptions and analysis used to reach that price.  The 
purpose of this is to evaluate the analysis and pricing.  It may not be used to award the 
development of this application.

The Software Development IDIQ RFP can be found at this location:  https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html

Proposals are due 5:00 P.M. EST (UTC-5) 13 February 2015.  Questions regarding this RFP 
are due no later than 21 January.  Answers will be posted at the above address no later than 
26 January.  Proposals and  questions are to be sent by email to [email-masked]. 

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director