Subject: IETF NOMCOM 2014 - deadline 2015-01-26 - Call for Nominations: 3rd ROUTING AREA DIRECTOR

From: NomCom Chair 2014 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:14:16 -0800

The 2014-15 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations
from now until January 26, 2015, 23:59UTC for the position of 3rd Routing
Area Director.  Please see below for this much shorter NomCom schedule.
For background on the request for a third routing area director please see:
     http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg91370.html
     http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg91030.html
     http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg91015.html

 {A note about candidates that have previously been nominated: a number of
  people were nominated to the role of 2nd Routing AD.  The NOMCOM Chair
  will be contacting those candidates to determine if they wish to stand
  for the third position; if they do, they will be listed for feedback.
  Additional feedback is welcome; but no previous comments have been lost.}

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2014 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/nominate/

  {Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
   datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
   if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/ }

Nominations may also be made by email to [email-masked].

If you use email, please include the word "Nominate" in the Subject and
indicate in the email who is being nominated, their email address (to
confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the position for which you
are making the nomination. If you wish to nominate more than one
person, please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nominations are welcome!

NomCom 2014-15 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in RFC 5680.  As stated in RFC 5680: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the
current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each
position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone with a
datatracker account may access the lists.  In all other ways, the
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777/BCP10 remain in effect.  All
feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will remain confidential and will
not be disclosed.

NOTE THAT NOMINATIONS SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR MANAGEMENT PERMISSION.
Nominees should Accept/Decline as soon as they decide they wish to consider
it, and if they do not have management (or family) support, then they
can withdraw.

SCHEDULE FOR THIRD ROUTING AREA (at 23:59 UTC):
         also see calendar at: http://goo.gl/D3q2CY
	- Tuesday, January 20, 2015  - open nominations
	- Monday, January 26,  2015  - deadline for nominations/open for comments
	- Monday, February 2,  2015  - deadline for questionnaires
	- Monday, February 13, 2015  - deadline for comments on persons, and requirements
	- Target week for interviews Tuesday, February 3, 2016.
        (We are aware of IAB workshop that occurs last week of January)

Some additional details from the IESG request:
     - The IESG is currently proposing to move three working groups from the
     INT area to the RTG area: L2TPEXT, LISP, and TRILL

     - There is a considerable increase in management-related work in the RTG
       area. Specifically, there are a lot of new YANG models being
       written. Although the coordination of YANG across the IETF falls as
       the responsibility of the OPS ADs (specifically the Management AD) it
       is expected that the RTG ADs will need to work on an increasing number
       of YANG documents so familiarity with YANG should be added to the list
       of desirable (but not mandatory) skills.

     - The reasoning behind the addition of a third RTG AD is that the load
       in the RTG area is currently unsustainably high. The placement of a
       third AD will have the effect of spreading that load such that the
       time requirement may now be more consistent with the work loads of ADs
       in other areas.