Subject: IETF Scheduled Maintenance Outage

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 13:54:43 -0800

Dear IETF -

We are planning to conduct a planned maintenance outage on Monday, February
16, beginning at 1PM PST (4PM EST, 9PM GMT).   This outage will allow us to
upgrade the memory in the primary IETF production server from 32GB to
128GB.  The memory on the backup IETF server in Orlando has already been
upgraded, and based on that experience it is expected that the upgrade to
the primary server in Sunnyvale should take less than 30 minutes.

During the outage, the primary IETF website will continue to be served by
CloudFlare without interruption.  List traffic will be delayed, but list
messages will not be lost.  The Datatracker, Mailman, the archive tool,
Jabber, RSYNC, and FTP will be offline and unavailable.

We feel that this memory upgrade will bring significant speed and
performance improvements to the IETF's operations, and that it is important
to complete this upgrade as soon as we are able.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for your
support and patience as we work to improve the IETF infrastructure.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)