Subject: Storing Large WG-related Artifacts

From: "Adam W. Montville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:15:53 -0500

Hi,

Has anyone here ever needed to post large artifacts for their WG?  We have that need in sacm - meeting recordings are the largest we have (the collection is over 1GB now), otherwise, a few MB of data per file, which can probably be posted to the wiki.  

At present, I’m using Dropbox to store, and make available, meeting recordings (so as not to clog our available space on WebEx).  Unfortunately, this can’t be accessed by everyone all the time, so I’m hoping to find some IETF-related home for such files.  I had originally wanted the wiki to be their home, but, upload size is limited.

Regards,

Adam

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:22:44 -0500

Hi Adam -

I'm not aware of a good answer for this yet. I've forwarded the message 
to tools-development.

RjS

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:08:27 +0100

Sounds like a fine question to ask and answer and I'd hope that we
can find a way to support that. I'd also encourage whoever is handling
this to consider that we might end up with multiple video feeds per
meeting so to please not be space-stingy, though that may be fairly
obvious.

If any of that needs some IESG help, I'm happy to bring whatever
questions need answering to the IESG for discussion.

Cheers,
S.

On 24/04/15 17:22, Robert Sparks wrote:
>> Has anyone here ever needed to post large artifacts for their WG?  We
>> have that need in sacm - meeting recordings are the largest we have
>> (the collection is over 1GB now), otherwise, a few MB of data per
>> file, which can probably be posted to the wiki.
>>
>> At present, I’m using Dropbox to store, and make available, meeting
>> recordings (so as not to clog our available space on WebEx). 
>> Unfortunately, this can’t be accessed by everyone all the time, so I’m
>> hoping to find some IETF-related home for such files.  I had
>> originally wanted the wiki to be their home, but, upload size is limited.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Adam
> 
>

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 11:31:22 +1000

FWIW, if you're using git/github, this is emerging:
  https://git-lfs.github.com

Cheers,

> On 25 Apr 2015, at 2:15 am, Adam W. Montville <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/