Subject: New datatracker release: v6.4.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 11:34:55 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.4.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.4.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Serve static assets via CDN**

  This release adds support for serving static files through a CDN, rather
  than having them served by the datatracker webserver.  This will both
  offload the datatracker webserver and speed up retrieval of static files.

  By default, all external static assets (such as jquery, bootstrap,
  font-awesome, qunit, select2) are served via CDN, while the datatracker's
  own static files are not.  It is expected that the more stable datatracker
  static files will be migrated to be served via CDN also, over time.

  This release also adds support for easy update of external javascript, font,
  and css libraries by means of a new management command 'bower_install' which
  makes use of the 'bower' package manager.  Use of this management command
  requires that bower be installed on the development platform.  

  When deploying this and following releases, a new action is needed in order
  to make the appropriate static content available for serving via CDN:

  After checking out the release and creating the symlink to the new release
  in the datatracker deployment directory, it is now also necessary to create
  a new symlink within a directory which is served through the CDN:

    $ ln -s /a/www/ietf-datatracker/$releasenumber/static/lib /www/www6s/lib/dt/$releasenumber

  A note about that has been added to the README file in the datatracker
  deployment directory.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  06 Aug 2015 10:40:46 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.4.0'

For development, check out the new development version instead:
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.4.1.dev0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)