Subject: Mailman attacks - Cloudflare Contact

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:47:42 -0700

All -

Just by way of a final follow-up, I'm very happy to report that, thanks to
Russ, I'm now in touch with one of the top people at Cloudflare.  I'll be
working with them directly to further mitigate the attacks and find a good
long-term solution.

One of the things we've already found is that they're able to increase the
2000-address limit I reported earlier, and they will be doing that for us
shortly.  That will enable us to add the remaining IP addresses to the
tables and at least get the compromised hosts blocked.

We have other ideas we'll be exploring as well, and, hopefully, we can make
things better going forward.

In the meantime, we'll be watching for any new attack vectors, but please
do report any anomalies or new attacks you find to me directly, and we'll
do what is needed to get it handled.

I personally am on travel tomorrow, so I will not be able to respond
immediately to any emails, but my staff will be here and working with
Cloudflare to get the remaining hosts blocked.

Thank you all for your patience and support during this rather strange and
bumpy episode.  I'm very hopefully that this is the end of it, or will be
very shortly.

Best regards,
Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)