Subject: New datatracker release: v6.10.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 08:25:53 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.10.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.10.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Prepackaged Development Environment with Docker; Test Speed-Ups**

  This release provides what is hoped to be a dramatic improvement in the time
  needed to set up an environment for datatracker development, by providing
  scripts to use prebuilt docker images and mysql database tarballs.
  The setup process should now be as easy as:

  1. Install Docker: https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/
  2. Check out datatracker code: svn co https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/ietfdb/...
  3. In your working copy, pull down the database image: docker/setupdb
  4. In your working copy, start the docker container: docker/run

  A more comprehensive setup description is available on the datatracker
  development wiki:  https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/Docker

  This release also introduces two tweaks to the test suite runner, which should
  reduce the time it takes to run the test suite by around 50%.

  Commit log details:

  * Added a utility script docker/updatedb to download and load a new dump
    into the local database, using 'manage.py dbshell'.

  * Added a utility model to hold information on when a given database dump 
    has been done.

  * Applied test speedup fixes to the testcrawler config, too.  Looks like
    ~15% speed-up of the test-crawler.

  * Added handling for an exception which can occur in bin/mergeready if a 
    branch with merge flags is moved, for example moving it to an attic after 
    merge.

  * Added support for running different containers mapping internal port 
    8000 to different external ports.  Added additional text explaining why we 
    won't run multiple containers from the same svn branch.  Did som default 
    value code refactoring.

  * Added little script to pull down and unpack a copy of the datatracker's 
    mysql database files.

  * Added tweaks to the docker setup to make it work nicely to run different 
    docker containers for different SVN branches.

  * Updated the docker init-script to not re-install MySQL; it can cause 
    more trouble than it might save; added a guard against trying to set up the 
    ietf database if MySQL isn't running; and changed the final working 
    directory to be the same as where the user invoked the 'docker/run' 
    command.  If not started via docker/run, drop into the home directory.

  * Updated docker/run with options to select a non-default 
    docker-repository and docker image tag (which now defaults to the svn 
    branch basename); added handling for missing docker environment variables, 
    and for the docker virtual machine not running.

  * Disallowed Coverage 4.0.2 in requirements.txt, as it is buggy.

  * Removed logging through ietf.utils.log.log when running tests -- should 
    shave another 15% off the test suite run time, cutting the testsuite
    running time in about half compared to earlier.

  * Merged in [10097] from [email-masked], in order to speed up the test 
    suite.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  14 Nov 2015 00:11:45 -0800

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.10.0'

For development, check out the new development version instead:
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.10.1.dev0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)