Subject: IPR disclosure question

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 00:18:48 -0800

As a new working group chair i was wondering if we have any writeup in the
IETF how to deal ith IPR issues, summary of recent WG actions taken 
re. IPR disclosures. Eg: I was told some WG has concerns re. specific IPR
disclosures impacting some draft (not my WG luckily ;-), so i was
wondering how i could most easily learn starte of the art how to deal
with these issues... ;-)

Cheers
   Toerless

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 08:54:59 -0000

Toerless,

I have two sets of slides.

http://www.olddog.co.uk/85-IPR-Farrel-Bradner.pdf is what sob and I presented at
the WG chairs' lunch at IETF-85.

http://www.olddog.co.uk/Roll-IPR-IETF77.pdf are slides I presented to the ROLL
WG when they had some issues.

Cheers,
Adrian
--
Read my latest...
Tales from the Wood - Eighteen new fairy tales
http://www.feedaread.com/books/Tales-from-the-Wood-9781786100924.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Wood-Adrian-Farrel/dp/1786100924
Or buy from me direct.

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 07:11:31 -0500

Toerless,

IPR also came up at the IETF 94 Routing WG Chairs lunch discussion, see the
attached for a brief summary of the discussion.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 08:45:12 -0600

There's also 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/wgchairs/wiki/IntellectualProperty.
This might be an opportunity to improve it.

RjS

On 12/10/15 6:11 AM, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> Toerless,
>
> IPR also came up at the IETF 94 Routing WG Chairs lunch discussion, 
> see the attached for a brief summary of the discussion.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 3:54 AM, Adrian Farrel <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     Toerless,
>