Subject: WG chairs beer

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:52:22 -0300

WG Chairs

Thanks to Stig Venaas excellent research we have a suggestion for a 
location for tomorrow to get some good beer and also food after the 
plenary. The location is BierLife, Humberto Primo 670. They have some 
10-15 local beers and the food is done using beer or beer ingredients. 
The place is large enough to handle a group of our expected size.

http://www.bierlife.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bierlife-buenos-aires

The location is almost 3 km away, Google claims 35 minutes of walking. 
However, cabs are not expensive and can be shared. So my proposal is 
that the ones that like to join gathers in the hotel lobby and creates 
groups that cabs over. Some might prefer to walk.

Map with walking directions.
https://goo.gl/maps/v3MRGqDCe3S2

So, I hope there are still interest in this event, even if there has 
been a gap in the tradition.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 11:23:48 -0700

I unfortunately have to fly out tomorrow PM, so will mis the WGC dinner.
But I was able to visit Bierlife with Stig last night and really enjoyed
the place. Great local beer, an entertaining food menu (every dish made
with beer or beer ingredients) and a friendly, open local atmosphere. Enjoy!

Greg

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Magnus Westerlund <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> plenary. The location is BierLife, Humberto Primo 670. They have some 10-15
> local beers and the food is done using beer or beer ingredients. The place
> is large enough to handle a group of our expected size.
>
> http://www.bierlife.com/
> However, cabs are not expensive and can be shared. So my proposal is that
> the ones that like to join gathers in the hotel lobby and creates groups
> that cabs over. Some might prefer to walk.
>
> So, I hope there are still interest in this event, even if there has been
> a gap in the tradition.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus Westerlund
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 16:59:57 -0300

Hi,

To be clear, this is tomorrow Wednesday after the plenary that is 
scheduled to end no later than 20:10.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:07:03 -0300

Hi,

Cheers

Magnus

Den 2016-04-05 kl. 14:52, skrev Magnus Westerlund:
> location for tomorrow to get some good      and also food after the

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:09:01 -0300

> scheduled to end no later than 20:10.

Tomorrow or today?

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:12:33 -0300

>> scheduled to end no later than 20:10.

It is tonight Wednesday. Meeting in the Hotel lobby after the plenary.

The last message I intended to send to Al, but I missed changing the 
address before hitting Send.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 23:19:28 +0100

Hi,

> On 6 Apr 2016, at 23:12, Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> The last message I intended to send to Al, but I missed changing the address before hitting Send.

For those walking, here’s a nice article showing some places you might want to stop at on your way.  

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/tag/bier-life/

(the map near the bottom shows the 7 pubs, with BierLife being in the bottom left)

It’s a 25-30 min walk to BierLife or a 60 peso taxi fare. I was at BierLife with Stig doing ‘research’ earlier in the week; it’s a reasonably large place, and has an excellent range of beers (a list of 40 or so on the boards of which at least 20 are likely to be on).

Tim

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 18:33:38 -0400

Hi Magnus,

I received this message, but none of the previous ones
including any messages sent in response to my request!

I clearly have something to sort-out with our security/
spam control folks - no "beer" messages have appeared
in my quarantine.

Thanks for suggesting a return to this fine tradition!
Al

> -----Original Message-----
> From: WGChairs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Magnus
> Westerlund
> Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 6:13 PM
> To: Simon Perreault; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: WG chairs meeting
>