Subject: Re: Draft review experiment

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 15:26:50 +0200

On 31.05.2016 23:45, Linda Dunbar wrote:
> Tomek, 
>
> The tool: https://github.com/tomaszmrugalski/ietf-tech-report 
> needs a local copy of all of the internet drafts. 
>
> That is not easy to use. Possible to have a web portal for people to enter the key fields, and sent periodical messages to alert people of the relevant drafts?
Ease of use is a matter of personal preference. I, for example, find
command line tools that can be automated very easy to use. Anyway, this
was the design choice made by Alan, who was the original author.

Not sure if I got your question right. If you ask whether it's
technically possible - sure. Setting this tool in its current form is
maybe an hour of work and requires a server running Linux/BSD with
public IP. About the "people to enter the key fields" part, it would
require some form of framework around it to be developed. If you ask
whether I could do it - that's out of question, sorry. I'm already
overcommitted with my DHC duties and don't want to take up any extra
responsibilities, especially ones that involve recurring maintenance.

I suppose this may be something the tools team could potentially consider.

Tomek

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:19:58 -0400

I've forwarded the discussion to tools-discuss.

I've been following the thread, and plan to spend some time with the 
tool to better understand what it provides. I'm wondering if there's 
functionality to add to the datatracker (which knows about reference 
relationships already), perhaps in the newly revamped part of the 
application that lets individuals maintain a subscription list to drafts.

(Btw - if you haven't spotted it, that rework significantly improved the 
ability for chairs to maintain subscription lists for their groups, 
directly affecting the "related internet drafts" section of your group's 
documents page)

RjS