Subject: ANRP presentations at IETF-96

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 08:31:43 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2016 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 53 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by several members of the
selection committee selection committee according to a diverse set of
criteria, including scientific excellence and substance, timeliness,
relevance, and potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, six submissions are awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize in 2016. Two prize winners will present
their work at the IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-96 in Berlin,
Germany. The ANRPs for IETF-96 go to:

*** Samuel Jero *** for a security analysis of the QUIC protocol:

    Robert Lychev, Samuel Jero, Alexandra Boldyreva and
    Cristina Nita-Rotaru. How Secure and Quick is QUIC? Provable
    Security and Performance Analyses. Proc. IEEE Symposium on
    Security and Privacy, pp. 214–231, San Jose, CA, USA, May 2015.

*** Dario Rossi *** for characterizing anycast adoption and
deployment in the IPv4 Internet:

    Danilo Cicalese, Jordan Augé, Diana Joumblatt, Timur Friedman
    and Dario Rossi. Characterizing IPv4 Anycast Adoption and
    Deployment. Proc. ACM CoNEXT, Heidelberg, Germany, December 2015.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

   https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
   https://isoc.org/join

More information about the ANRP is at https://irtf.org/anrp

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            https://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         https://isoc.org/research/

2016 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
KC Claffy, CAIDA
Mark Crovella, Boston University
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
Nick Feamster, Princeton
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Aiko Pras, University of Twente
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Joe Touch, USC/ISI
Rolf Winter, Hochschule Augsburg
Lixia Zhang, UCLA