Subject: Working Group Chairs Beer

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:45:13 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the late announcement. Stig Venaas and I have discussed 
suitable location and haven't found a suitable place that is really 
interesting from a Beer perspective. However, there is place that is 
convenient and easy to get to, namely the Beer Garden: Cafe am neuen See.

Map: https://goo.gl/maps/SFsnhLFcZyG2

Walking directions. Exit Intercontinental through main lobby. Turn left, 
and then left again at the corner of the hotel. Follow the road and then 
the canal until you pass under the bridge. There you walk up on the 
bridge and across the canal. After the canal it is straight forward. The 
Cafe is on the left side. Walking distance is less than 10 min. We will 
use the free seating area and find a free table. So go around look for 
familiar faces of your WG chair companions.

I will depart 15 min after plenary has ended from the Hotel Lobby if you 
want company walking there.

The Beer garden has classical German bar food.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pat Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 06:15:44 -0700

Did you consider the other beer garden in Tiergarten, Schluesen Krug? It is
down the canal instead of across the canal and has a bit more interesting
menu.

http://www.schleusenkrug.de/index.php?lg=en
Maps link:
https://goo.gl/TGwpDU

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 5:45 AM, Magnus Westerlund <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the late announcement. Stig Venaas and I have discussed suitable
> location and haven't found a suitable place that is really interesting from
> a Beer perspective. However, there is place that is convenient and easy to
> get to, namely the Beer Garden: Cafe am neuen See.
>
> the canal until you pass under the bridge. There you walk up on the bridge
> and across the canal. After the canal it is straight forward. The Cafe is
> on the left side. Walking distance is less than 10 min. We will use the
> free seating area and find a free table. So go around look for familiar
> faces of your WG chair companions.
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:42:55 +0200

Thanks Pat,

No, we didn't consider this one. I agree that the menu looks more 
interesting. I took the one I had managed to visit.

But, based on your recommendation and higher score on Google Maps Lets 
switch to this one instead.

So, see you at Schluesen Krug after the plenary has ended!

Cheers

Magnus

Den 2016-07-20 kl. 15:15, skrev Pat Thaler:
> Did you consider the other beer garden in Tiergarten, Schluesen Krug? It
> is down the canal instead of across the canal and has a bit more
> interesting menu.
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 5:45 AM, Magnus Westerlund
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Walking directions. Exit Intercontinental through main lobby. Turn
>     left, and then left again at the corner of the hotel. Follow the
>     road and then the canal until you pass under the bridge. There you
>     walk up on the bridge and across the canal. After the canal it is
>     straight forward. The Cafe is on the left side. Walking distance is
>     less than 10 min. We will use the free seating area and find a free
>     table. So go around look for familiar faces of your WG chair companions.
>
>     I will depart 15 min after plenary has ended from the Hotel Lobby if
>     you want company walking there.
>
>     <tel:%2B46%2010%207148287>
>     <tel:%2B46%2073%200949079>
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:15:42 +0200

I've been to both. Neuen See is larger with more tables. It's more 
likely we could put a large group relatively close together. They make 
pretty good pizza (salami or mozzarella).  Schluesen Krug has one or two 
more beer choices, and more varied food choices. It's also cash only. (I 
don't know whether Neuen See takes plastic.)

To get to Schluesen Krug, just keep walking down the canal instead of 
crossing the bridge to Neuen See. Be advised that path crosses a gated 
park area with signs that appear to indicate it might close at 2100. 
(But I don't recall it actually closing at the last IETF here.)

Ben.

On 20 Jul 2016, at 15:42, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

>>     convenient and easy to get to, namely the Beer Garden: Cafe am 
>> neuen
>>     See.
>>

---

From: Pat Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:31:40 -0700

If the gated path closes, you can come back on the other side of the canal.
I'm pretty sure that the beer garden part of Neuen See is also cash only

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've been to both. Neuen See is larger with more tables. It's more likely
> we could put a large group relatively close together. They make pretty good
> pizza (salami or mozzarella).  Schluesen Krug has one or two more beer
> choices, and more varied food choices. It's also cash only. (I don't know
> whether Neuen See takes plastic.)
>
> crossing the bridge to Neuen See. Be advised that path crosses a gated park
> area with signs that appear to indicate it might close at 2100. (But I
> don't recall it actually closing at the last IETF here.)
>
> Ben.
>

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 20:50:58 +0200

The gated path just closed at the biergarten end. Robert and I are stuck inside waiting for an attendant to let us out. 

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 8:31 PM, Pat Thaler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> If the gated path closes, you can come back on the other side of the canal. I'm pretty sure that the beer garden part of Neuen See is also cash only
> 
>> I've been to both. Neuen See is larger with more tables. It's more likely we could put a large group relatively close together. They make pretty good pizza (salami or mozzarella).  Schluesen Krug has one or two more beer choices, and more varied food choices. It's also cash only. (I don't know whether Neuen See takes plastic.)
>> 
>> To get to Schluesen Krug, just keep walking down the canal instead of crossing the bridge to Neuen See. Be advised that path crosses a gated park area with signs that appear to indicate it might close at 2100. (But I don't recall it actually closing at the last IETF here.)
>> 
>> Ben.
>> 
>>> No, we didn't consider this one. I agree that the menu looks more interesting. I took the one I had managed to visit.
>>> 
>>> But, based on your recommendation and higher score on Google Maps Lets switch to this one instead.
>>>