Subject: Request for Proposal: RFC Format CSS Design

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 02:11:45 -0700

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the
IETF, announces this Request for Proposals for the development of a
RFC Format CSS Design.  The successful bidder will enter into a
contract with the Internet Society.

The RFC Editor plans to produce a canonical RFC document in XML
using the xml2rfc v3 grammar, and to publish the RFC in several
Publication Formats as defined in RFC6949.  In particular, there
will be an HTML and PDF output that will support many new features
within the documents, including SVG line art.  This project will
result in a CSS file that will reflect visually pleasing,
accessible, and responsive design.

Deliverables

•	Provide a responsive design CSS for future RFCs following the
guidance in draft-iab-rfc-css

•	The PDF and HTML output must look as similar as possible

•	All of the HTML features  that have been called out in
draft-iab-html-rfc need to be in place in the CSS

•	All of the PDF features that have been called out in the PDF
draft draft-iab-rfc-use-of-pdf need to be in place in the CSS

The RFP can be found at: <https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html>.

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no later
than September 9, 2016.  All questions, inquiries must be submitted
by August 8, 2016.  Responses to questions and inquiries shall be
posted online at:  <https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html> by August 15,
2016.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director, Ray Pelletier, [email-masked].

Ray Pelletier
IAD