Subject: ANRP award presentations at IETF-97

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:46:22 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2016 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 53 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by several members of the
selection committee selection committee according to a diverse set of
criteria, including scientific excellence and substance, timeliness,
relevance, and potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, six submissions are awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize in 2016. Two prize winners will present
their work at the IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-97 in Seoul,
Korea. The ANRPs for IETF-97 go to:

*** Olivier Tilmans *** for the Fibbing architecture that enables
central control over distributed routing:

    Stefano Vissicchio, Olivier Tilmans, Laurent Vanbever and
    Jennifer Rexford. Central Control Over Distributed Routing.
    Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, London, UK, August 2015.

*** Benjamin Hesmans *** for enabling applications to control how
Multipath TCP transfers data:

    Benjamin Hesmans, Gregory Detal, Sebastien Barre, Raphael
    Bauduin and Olivier Bonaventure. SMAPP: Towards Smart Multipath
    TCP-enabled APPlications. Proc. ACM CoNEXT, Heidelberg, Germany,
    December 2015.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

  https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
  https://isoc.org/join

More information about the ANRP is at https://irtf.org/anrp

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            https://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         https://isoc.org/research/

2016 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
KC Claffy, CAIDA
Mark Crovella, Boston University
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
Nick Feamster, Princeton
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Aiko Pras, University of Twente
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Joe Touch, USC/ISI
Rolf Winter, Hochschule Augsburg
Lixia Zhang, UCLA