Subject: Fwd: Introducing the new Datatracker Review Tracking tool for YANG Module Reviews

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:44:24 +0100

FYI.
The YANG doctor process is now part of the datatracker review tracking tool.
It will help from a tracking point of view. However, you still have to 
warn me (or the YANG secretary Mehmet) when you have a YANG module to 
review (like it was the case with the MIB doctors).
 From https://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/yang-doctors.html:

    All YANG documents will be passed by a YANG doctor reviewer before
    they will be approved by the IESG. The YANG doctor review must be
    done after the Working Group Last Call and before the IETF Last
    Call. ADs and WG chairs responsible on I-Ds that include YANG
    documents should ask the OPS ADs for a review as soon as the
    document completed WGLC. Failing that request, the review will be
    conducted during the IETF Last Call.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Introducing the new Datatracker Review Tracking tool for YANG 
Module Reviews
Date: 	Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:37:43 +0100
From: 	Mehmet Ersue <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	'Robert Sparks' <[email-masked]>, 'Benoit Claise' 
<[email-masked]>, 'Dan Romascanu' <[email-masked]>, 'Gunter Van 
De Velde' <[email-masked]>

Dear YANG Doctors,

as discussed with Benoit this mail is to introduce the new datatracker 
review tracking tool for YANG module reviews.

The updated entry page for YANG Doctors team is at: 
https://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/yang-doctors.html

The entry page of the YANG review tracking tool is at: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/dir/yangdoctors/about/

Some of you know the review tracking tool already from OPS-DIR reviews.

The usual process for YANG Doctor’s reviews using the new datatracker 
tool is summarized below.

A) ADs, WG chairs or draft authors request the review of a YANG module 
on Datatracker.

    - Sign in on Datatracker: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/login/?next=/

    - Go to the draft page (example): 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount/

    - Click on the button "Review request" which brings you to 
(example): 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount/reviewrequest/ 

    - Choose the type of review (Early, LC, Telechat) and set a 
recommended deadline

    - If required propose a reviewer in comments.

B) YANG secretary assigns the requested review to a reviewer.

    - Datatracker generates an email to the reviewer indicating the 
draft with the YANG module and the review deadline.

    - All assigned open review requests and closed review requests can 
be always listed at: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/yangdoctors/reviews/

    Notes:

    - Datatracker proposes a reviewer using based on the round robin 
approach.

    - YANG doctors can enter their availability into their datatracker 
account profile to avoid wrong assignments.

C) The reviewer enters the review result into the review tool.

    - The reviewer goes to the draft review request page at (example): 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model/reviewrequest/8317/ 

    - Clicks on "Complete review"

    - Enters state, reviewed revision, and the review result.

    - In case the reviewer enters the review result directly into the 
tool or uploads a text file, the tool generates an email to YANG Doctors 
maillist, draft authors and the related WG maillist.

Z) YANG doctors secretary will send a weekly summary of requested and 
ongoing reviews to YANG doctors maillist.

The first summary mail will be send out in parallel to this mail.

Notes:

- Old review assignments on the current review history page 
(https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ops/wiki/yang-doctors-review-history) will 
be migrated to the datatracker tool by the admin soon. The old page will 
be used for external review requests only.

- The Wiki page for the YANG review process will be updated within a 
week based on the collected feedback.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and comments.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Mehmet

(YANG Doctors Secretary)