Subject: New datatracker release: v6.45.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 03:45:53 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.45.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.45.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Django 1.10**

  This release upgrades the datatracker to use version 1.10 of the Django
  framework.  Django 1.10 provides support for unicode login names, the new
  Argon2 password hasher, and makes available a number of minor conveniences.

  This release also removed support for automatic generation of dotted-path
  names for the view function in urlpatterns, which seems to violate the DRY
  (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle in programming.  I plan to have words with
  the Django developers about this during DjangoCon Europe in May.  That
  change necessitated a workaround url() function and a lot of clean-up and
  conversion.  The conversion work is not finished, but we're getting there,
  and meanwhile everything is functional with Django 1.10.  For the Django
  1.10 release notes, see [a].

  A full diff of the upgrade changes is available in changeset [12881].

  The next Django release, 1.11, will be the last version which will run on
  Python 2.7; the following release, 2.0, will require Python 3; probably
  python 3.4 or higher.  The Django 1.11 release will be a LTS (Long Term
  Support) release which will get security upgrades for 3 years after its
  release.  We should upgrade to 1.11 when it's released later this year, and
  then plan on converting the datatracker code base to Python 3, in order to
  be ready for Django 2.x before LTS ends some time in 2020.

  [a] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/releases/1.10/

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  20 Feb 2017 03:14:45 -0800

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.45.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.45.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)