Subject: New datatracker release: v6.46.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 02:38:39 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.46.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.46.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Name i18n Improvements, tweaks to Group Pages and Account Setup**

  This release introduces use of non-ascii names in the name parts of outgoing
  emails instead of always using asciified names.  It improves the account
  setup workflow, improves the ease of editing group attributes and makes it
  more apparent which attributes can be edited.  It also adds a code quality
  assurance tool which makes easy notification on unexpected states available,
  and applies it to one difficult-to-debug issue.  There are also a number of
  bugfixes, as usual.  From the commit log:

  * Changes to address ease of editing various group attributes, in particular
    intended to make it easier to see that you can edit things like the
    external/additional URLs:

    - Added the ability to edit individual fields in a group's about page, and
      added edit buttons for editable fields on the about page, just as for
      documents (the ability to edit all editable fields already was available
      from the 'Edit group' button on the /group//about/ page).

    - Made the tab label for the group-about tab consistently say 'About',
      instead of 'Charter' for some groups.

    - Shifted the position of the about tab to the start of the tab line.

    - Removed the datatracker account requirement information at the top of the
      group edit page for users logged in to their account.

    - Tweaked the 'Show update' link on the 'Status Update' line.

    - Changed the label for the external URLs from 'More Info' to 'Additional
      URLs', which was already in use on the edit form.

  * Fixed a html issue on the review request page.

  * Made some changes to the missing-email submission handling.  This may have
    fixed the creation of author records containing 'none' email entries, but
    as I've not been able to reproduce the issue, this is uncertain.

  * Made the logging settings explicit in ietf/settings.py (instead of copying
    default then modifying), and added enough surrounding information to make
    it possible to read also for people not very familiar with Python's
    intricate logging infrastructure.  To a large extent to understand myself
    how the logging is set up in Django, and where to hook in the affirm()
    function.

  * Added an affirm($statement) function, which acts like an assert, and
    lets us trigger an email message with traceback when the statement to
    affirm is False.  Use instead of assert if we still want the server to
    produce a response, even if something is wrong with the internal state.

  * Added a log.affirm() call at the point where we may discover new flawed
    document author records.  Fixed a place where the generation of
    Person.ascii from Person.name wasn't done well.

  * Changed the AD email list results from get_group_ad_emails() to make more
    sense when the group is an area, not a wg.

  * Fixed url lookups for doc.views_doc.document_main() to only use
    dotted-path, and removed the doc_view explicit url name.  Fixes a 500
    error in /submit/status/NNNN/.

  * Added explicit charset setting and consistent encoding to several email
    paths through the datatracker.  After introducing support for non-ascii
    names in email addresses, using role.formatted_email() to insert names
    into email content doesn't work any more, since uncode names will now be
    rfc2047-encoded in formatted_email().  Added another method
    role.name_and_email() for this case.  Replaced another case of '%s <%s>'
    name-and-email formatting with formataddr().  Fixed some tests which did
    not send unicode email bodies to the email functions.  Fixes issue #2017.

  * Added a validator to Document.title to prevent control chars in the title
    (this complements a recent cleanup of more than 120 instances of document
    titles containing vertical tabs).

  * Changed the New Account creation to require a proper name at the same time
    as the account password is set, before actually creating the account.
    Also tweaked the password strength and confirmation code.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  23 Feb 2017 13:07:38 -0800

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.46.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.46.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)