Subject: New datatracker release: v6.75.1

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 04:04:44 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.75.1, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.75.1) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Modified HTML upload sanitization**

  Feedback from [email-masked] indicated that stripping out all styling
  from uploaded files is too harsh.  This release modifies the sanitization to
  permit <style> tags in the uploads, and differentiates between fragment
  santitization (through the 'sanitize' template filter) and document
  santitization.  This release also addresses some other issue encountered
  with the new upload code, and introduces saving of uploaded files in a
  consistent encoding (UTF-8).  From the commitlog:

  * Added handling for when file magic doesn't return a definitive encoding 
    for a file.  Added a test case to excercise upload error cases.

  * Changed the meeting materials uploads to use the upload file encoding 
    found by file-magic when decoding the upload content, and also return 
    errors to the user if decoding the upload fails.  Fixes issue #2469.  This 
    will also have the benefit (since we're saving with utf-8 encoding after 
    decoding) of having meeting materials consistently stored with a the same
    encoding on the server.

  * Added a new argument encoding= to handle_upload_file() in order to be 
    able to deal better with various upload encodings.

  * Tweaked the mime type validator so it can be called also when there's no
    explicitly required mime types, in order to consistently return mime-type
    and encoding.

  * Changed to an empty iterable instead of None in the valid upload
    mime-types settings when there's no required mime type, in order to
    simplify other code.

  * Return encoding information to the FileUploadForm when doing mime type
    validation, for later use in decoding.

  * Changed html cleaning to differentiate between fragment cleaning and 
    document cleaning.  Added an lxml-based cleaner for document cleaning, also 
    permitting <style> tags (but not external style sheets).

  * Changed order of arguments in a test assert for better error legibility.

  * Updated PLAN

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  14 Mar 2018 10:35:54 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.75.1'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.75.2.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:27:37 -0400

Greetings all!

Datatracker 6.75.2.dev0 has been deployed to the Sandbox, and 6.75.1 has been deployed to production.

Matt

> On Mar 14, 2018, at 7:04 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 

-------------------------------------------
Matthew Larson, Software Engineer
Association Management Solutions
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
5177 Brandin Court
Fremont, CA  94538

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:44:35 +0100

Thank you, Matt!

	Henrik