Subject: how to post links to video of topics/presentations from your meetings

From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 08:16:19 +0000

Hi WG chairs,

You might know Mirja and I co-chair MAP Research Group (MAPRG).
I want to share with you an idea to reach more people with the nice
MeetEcho videos on YouTube from your meeting sessions.

For MAPRG, we maintain this list on our wiki, as a library of all our
talks and slides - it makes it easy for people to jump right to the
presentation in each session:

   https://trac.ietf.org/trac/irtf/wiki/map

To do this, as chairs, once our video is posted to YouTube, we spend
20 minutes or so, jumping through the long video to find the start
times for each topic, that you then embed in them in the url, e.g.:

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is3p3aXPIHM#t=1h11m32s

Note the suffice #t[ime]= h[ours] m[inutes] s[econds]

This likely makes the content much more accessible for both those not
attending and those revisiting the topic.

Dave

-- 
[email-masked]  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~plonka/

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 14:41:48 -0400

> Note the suffice #t[ime]= h[ours] m[inutes] s[econds]

Excellent idea. You might also be able to get the URL by right
clicking on the progress / scrub bar and selecting "Copy video URL at
current time" - this generates URLs of the form:
https://youtu.be/is3p3aXPIHM?t=4306 - this is basically the same as
above, but some people might find it easier to do.

> attending and those revisiting the topic.

Yup!
W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf