Subject: Important Information for Session Chairs at IETF 101

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 11:10:09 -0700

NOTE WELL

The Note Well text is available online at 
<https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/>

PPT, PDF, and ODP versions of the Note Well are available under the 
Meeting Tools heading on <https://www.ietf.org/chairs/>.

BLUE SHEETS

- Please remember to circulate the blue sheets for your session. (Don't 
  forget to sign the blue sheets yourself!)

- If they are not already on the clipboards, the blue sheets should be 
  in the translucent plastic folders on the chairs' table; those folders 
  also contain the blue sheets for sessions that will be held in the 
  room after your group.

- At the end of your session, please turn the blue sheets in to the 
  Secretariat at the registration desk.

AUDIO/VISUAL AND MEETING ROOM ISSUES

If you are having issues with the A/V equipment in your meeting room, or 
are having a problem with the environment in your meeting room (e.g. 
noise, temperature), please send email to [email-masked]. Please be as 
specific as possible in your message, and remember to include the room 
name.

NETWORK/CONNECTIVITY ISSUES

If you are having trouble connecting to the IETF network, please send 
email to [email-masked] or visit the Help Desk in the Terminal 
Room. Please be as specific as possible in your message.  If you are 
unable to send email, please visit the Help Desk in the Terminal Room, 
Cadogan/Berkeley, East Wing 1st Floor.

PRESENTATION SLIDES

Please encourage all presenters to upload meeting slides prior to the 
meeting. For those that you do not receive prior to the meeting, please 
take a few minutes to upload them at the very start of the meeting so 
that they are available in the Meetecho stream.  

MEETECHO (AUDIO AND VIDEO STREAMING)

- Remote participants have the best view of the presenters when the 
  presenters are within the pink box on the floor.

- The audio stream can only pick up sound from directly around the 
  microphone; please speak directly into the microphone and remind any 
  meeting participants that they must come up to the microphone if they 
  want to speak.

JABBER

- At the start of the meeting, please ask if someone in the room is 
  willing to act as "scribe" for the jabber room.

- The scribe should then join the Jabber room and type a running 
  commentary as to what's going on in the room (e.g. if a speaker makes 
  a presentation, the scribe types the URL for the presentation into the 
  Jabber room).

- During question time, remote participants can type questions into the 
  room and the scribe will pass them on to the speaker.

PROCEEDINGS

- All materials are due no later than Friday, 2018-04-13 at UTC 23:59.  
  Please use the Meeting Materials Tool <https://datatracker.ietf.org/
  meeting/materials/> to submit your materials.

- Minutes may be submitted in TXT, HTML, or PDF formats. Submission of 
  minutes is mandatory.

- Slides may be submitted in PDF, PPT, or PPTX formats. Submission of 
  slides is strongly encouraged. When submitting multiple presentations, 
  please indicate the order that the presentations should appear in the 
  proceedings.

- All meeting materials will be posted on to the online Proceedings 
  page: <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/proceedings>

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:04:54 +0000

Hi,

Let me emphasize the NOTE WELL text part—we’ve already seen some WG chair slides with an outdated version. If you make your WG chair slides from a pre-existing deck or template, _please_ check to make sure you have the up-to-date text.

Thanks!

Ben.

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Important Information for Session Chairs at IETF 101
> Date: March 18, 2018 at 6:10:09 PM GMT
> To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> 
> NOTE WELL
> 

[…]

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:26:28 +0000

Wouldn’t adding a “last updated” date & timestamp on these pages help everyone?

- Bernie (from iPad)

On Mar 19, 2018, at 10:05 AM, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Ben.

Begin forwarded message:

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Important Information for Session Chairs at IETF 101
Date: March 18, 2018 at 6:10:09 PM GMT
To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

NOTE WELL

[…]

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:29:41 +0000

It would help me.   What was an example of the most recent change so I can make sure I already have the right version on my slide?

From: WGChairs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bernie Volz (volz)
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 10:26 AM
To: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Important Information for Session Chairs at IETF 101

Thanks!

Ben.

Begin forwarded message:

NOTE WELL

The Note Well text is available online at
<https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fabout%2Fnote-well%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cdthaler%40microsoft.com%7Cde08af5199744fefeee608d58d83e56c%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636570519988872343%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwifQ%3D%3D%7C-1&sdata=izRIsA4bWItnfxlllGkfJGF9g86qItiq4F%2BBYxhlGcY%3D&reserved=0>>

PPT, PDF, and ODP versions of the Note Well are available under the
Meeting Tools heading on <https://www.ietf.org/chairs/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fchairs%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cdthaler%40microsoft.com%7Cde08af5199744fefeee608d58d83e56c%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636570519988872343%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwifQ%3D%3D%7C-1&sdata=pOv5wTHiqsqtgzDuxDeLczF0fjVQ4yahz71pV0sBNNE%3D&reserved=0>>.

[…]

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:27:51 +0000

I downloaded the version I use from the IETF site. Where would I find a current "approved slide" that I can download?

> On Mar 19, 2018, at 10:04 AM, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
>

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:34:29 +0000

https://www.ietf.org/chairs/ <https://www.ietf.org/chairs/>

Under Meeting Tools.

> On Mar 20, 2018, at 10:27 AM, Fred Baker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:15:42 -0400

Please find the Note Well I am using with gSlides:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UkQ2AV-dPzj45aU1OqrNaiAVI-hJpYlXMuyQ1PaKXL4/edit?usp=sharing

Yours,
Daniel

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Mahesh Jethanandani <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://www.ietf.org/chairs/
>
> Under Meeting Tools.
>
>
> I downloaded the version I use from the IETF site. Where would I find a
> current "approved slide" that I can download?
>
> Let me emphasize the NOTE WELL text part—we’ve already seen some WG chair
> slides with an outdated version. If you make your WG chair slides from a
> pre-existing deck or template, _please_ check to make sure you have the
> up-to-date text.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ben.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>