Subject: New datatracker release: v6.78.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 09:36:04 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.78.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.78.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Document search on IRTF state, performance improvements**

  This release brings document search support for filtering on IRTF states,
  courtesy of Mat Ford, and further performance improvements to the IESG
  agenda document page and document search pages.  There are also improvements
  to the testing infrastructure, HTML cleanup, some added API documentation,
  and a number of bugfixes, as follows:

  * Merged in [15012] from [email-masked]:
    Added IRTF State option to Additional Search Criteria pulldown.  

  * Included django.utils.html.escape() in the linkify() code, and removed 
    it from various templates, to make sure escape is consistently applied 
    before linkify.  Fixes issue #2492.

  * Tweaked the error return from Document.get_document_content() to be 
    more helpful during development.

  * Fixed various html issues.

  * Added more information about personal API keys to the API help page.

  * Tweaked the test runner to more consistently force the test coverage 
    tests to be run last.

  * Changed calls to .related_that*() and .relations_that*() to use tuples 
    rather than lists (a slight optimization).

  * Silenced another deprecation warning from a library.

  * Reduced the max number of results returned by document searches from 
    500 to 200, for a better user experience.  A faster return and a search 
    term tweak to pinpoint the desired search result is better than a long wait 
    and then maybe having to tweak the search terms anyway.

  * Use .assertIn(...) in tests instead of .assertTrue(x in y) as the 
    failure messages are much more informative

  * Changed the signature of some document methods to not accept lists (but 
    still accept tuples) in order to make caching possible.  Added @memoize to 
    some methods.

  * Added another prefetch to search doc query results.

  * Imposed sort order (most recent docs first) on document search results, 
    in order to retain the most recent docs in case we have to chop the result 
    list due too many hits.

  * Tweaked the django_cprofile_middleware patch to use a query arg of 
    psort instead of sort, to avoid conflict with app query args 'sort'.

  * Added back the on-agenda calendar links to document lists, now in an 
    implementation with better performance characteristics.

  * Updated minimum requirements for bootstrap3, to work with django 1.11

  * Fixed an issue where the change of slide naming between IETF 96 and 97 
    caused the datatracker to not provide correct link to pre-IETF-97 
    materials.  Thanks to [email-masked] for the heads-up.

  * Merged in [14970] from [email-masked]:
    Factories for the ipr app. Coverage of ietf.ipr.views.ajax_search, and 
    a factory-driven test of ietf.ipr.views.edit.  

  * Enhanced debug.py: made the mark() function indicate file and line 
    number it was called from.  Added if debug: conditions around some other 
    function actions.

  * Another round of iesg page optimizations.  Reduced additional instances 
    of individual lookups to a single lookup followed by annotation of document 
    objects.  Reduced several instances of repeating the same work multiple 
    times (queries for telechat documents, queries for telechat dates).

  * Fixed a number of tests to deal correctly with model method caching.

  * Changed the ballot_icon template tag to use an already found ballot if 
    available, rather than doing lookups to find it (twice!).

  * Added a patch for debug mode, to add a filtering option to the 
    django-cprofile-middleware.

  * Be more specific with bootstrap's layout classes for small devices in 
    the base template, to avoid the bottom links and footer overlaying the 
    bottom of the content area.  Fixes a problem with entering login 
    information on small devices.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  08 Apr 2018 16:01:23 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.78.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.78.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 13:36:31 -0400

Greetings all!

Datatracker 6.78.0 has been deployed on the production server, and 6.78.1.def0 has been deployed to the Sandbox.

Matt

> On Apr 10, 2018, at 12:36 PM, Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints
> 

-------------------------------------------
Matthew Larson, Software Engineer
Association Management Solutions
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
5177 Brandin Court
Fremont, CA  94538

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 19:43:17 +0200

Thank you, Matt!

Best,

	Henrik