Subject: New datatracker release: v6.77.1

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 04:55:44 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.77.1, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.77.1) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Performance improvements**

  This release brings performance improvements, focused in particular on the
  IESG agenda documents page.  Some of the changes will also provide
  performance benefits for other pages, in particular pages that lists
  documents, such as search result pages and WG/RG document lists.  All in
  all, the changes speed up the rendering of /iesg/agenda/documents with a
  factor of about 2.  The page generation time is still roughly proportional
  to the number of documents on the page, so a large number of documents on
  future IESG telechats will still give a slow page.  More substantial
  refactoring will probably be needed for further speedups.

  From the commit log:

  * Added an index for (doc, type) on DocEvent to speed up latest_event()
    queries.

  * Changed the reviewed_by_teams list to provide acronyms directly, to avoid
    group lookups during template rendering.

  * Changed telechat_page_count() to accept a list of documents if such a list
    has already been generated, to avoid double work.

  * Provided telechat page counts to the template from the view, instead of
    repeated (costly) filtering through the telechat_page_count template
    filter in the template, which caused new, redundant document lookups every
    time.  Removed the telechat_page_count template filter altogether, due to
    its cost. 

  * Tweaked some lookups in fill_in_document_table_attributes().

  * Added terms to the select_related() list for documents in IESG
    agenda_documents().

  * Added a get_active_ads() utility function that uses the cache to reduce
    database access, and replaced database queries in various places with
    calls to get_active_ads().

  * Moved some utility functions so as to reduce the likelihood of import
  * loops.

  * Changed some instances of .slug to _id, to avoid unnecessary database
    lookups.

  * Added a profiling middleware to development settings, if installed.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  01 Apr 2018 19:34:27 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.77.1'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.77.2.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)