Subject: PechaKucha @ IETF-104

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:46:52 -0500

**Call for participation: Bad Attitude PechaKucha @ IETF-104**

Come share your favorite stories, rants, or calls to action with your 
colleagues at IETF-104.  If you have a topic about which you are 
passionate, you can give a PechaKucha. (Here are two of my personal 
favorites by 
[Pete](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-099-Prague-videos/07-pete-resnick-8.mp4) 
and 
[Brian](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-096-Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4), 
although there are many other excellent examples.)

What is a PechaKucha, you ask? A PechaKucha is a lightning-talk 
presentation format, originating in Japan, where a speaker presents 20 
image-only slides that are each on the screen for 20 seconds and advance 
automatically.  With each talk lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of 
forcing presentations -- good or bad -- to be focused and brief.

This is an unofficial event. Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related 
and satirical or controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  
Anyone can participate in this social event.

Video from the past BA PKs can be found 
[here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to 
[email-masked] and receive confirmation.
* Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 slides, 
primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds).
* There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a 
good PechaKucha.  Here are a few: [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
[[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
[[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].
* Event date & room TBD.

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 14:24:17 -0500

I’m inquiring about holding the PK on Tuesday night rather than the usual
Thursday.  I’ve received a number of comments from folks who repeatedly
couldn’t attend Thursday and since there’s no social this IETF I thought
Tuesday would be a reasonable alternative.  Putting this out there in case
it makes a difference to folks who might want to present.  Consider it
tentative for the moment.

--aaron

ps.  Please send gripes, whines, +1’s to me; don’t spam the lists.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 10:46 AM Aaron Falk <[email-masked]> wrote:

> *Call for participation: Bad Attitude PechaKucha @ IETF-104*
>
> colleagues at IETF-104. If you have a topic about which you are passionate,
> you can give a PechaKucha. (Here are two of my personal favorites by Pete
> <http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-099-Prague-videos/07-pete-resnick-8.mp4>
> and Brian
> <http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-096-Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4>,
> Video from the past BA PKs can be found here <http://snaggletooth.akam.ai>
> .
>
> Format Details:
>
>    - Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first
>    served.
>    - To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to
>    - Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20
>    slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds).
>    - There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a
>    good PechaKucha. Here are a few: [1 <http://www.pechakucha.org/>], [2
>    <http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html>],
>    [3 <https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/>].
>    - Event date & room TBD.
>
>