Subject: GitHub tooling

From: "Christopher Wood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 14:52:56 -0700

Hi again folks,

One outcome from the GIT WG is the production of well-documented, open 
source tooling aimed at improving WG usage of GitHub. We’ve collected 
an initial set of tools that are commonly used across IETF WGs [1]. In 
our Prague meeting, we learned that some folks wanted documentation and 
tooling improvements, though we do not know precisely what’s missing. 
To that end, we kindly ask that chairs of WGs which make some use of 
GitHub ask their respective WG members if there are specific 
documentation or tooling gaps or pain points that, by resolving, would 
help improve their usage of GItHub. To avoid fragmented discussions 
across disparate WGs and also avoid list cross-posting, we would also 
like to request that all such feedback be provided by issues filed to 
the GitHub wg-materials repository [2]. (Of course, if folks have better 
suggestions for how we might collect this feedback, we’d love to hear 
it!) We hope this outreach will give the gracious tool maintainers in 
the GIT WG tangible action items and, consequently, lead to the 
production of overall better GitHub tooling for the community.

Thanks,
Chris (on behalf of the GIT WG)

[1] https://github.com/ietf-gitwg/wg-materials/blob/master/TOOLING.md
[2] https://github.com/ietf-gitwg/wg-materials/issues