Subject: New datatracker feature: Allow presenters to upload slides

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:51:56 -0500

Shortly after IETF 104, we added the ability for presenters to upload 
slides and suggesting to the chairs that they be added to a session.

On the meeting materials page for a group (for example 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/session/stir>) anyone logged 
in who is not a chair/secretary for the group gets a [Suggest New 
Slides] button.

When they upload slides using that, the chairs will get email, and the 
suggestions will appear in a new block on that page.

Chairs can then accept or reject each suggestion.

RjS

---

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 11:53:34 -0400

cooool! Marc.

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 18:03:47 +0200

+1

-- 
Special Issue "Beyond 5G Evolution":
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/special_issues/beyond_5g

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:20:08 -0400

Robert,

I used the new tool today to upload some slides I'm going to be presenting
in DetNet. That worked, and the upload was approved, and the slides now
appear on the meetings materials page for the DetNet WG. So far, so good.

However, on the Meetings Materials page, the "Drafts" column for my
presentation has an orange "No drafts" box. When I did the upload, I didn't
see any way to enter the associated draft name for my presentation. Can
this be added so that it can be populated as a part of the upload process?

Thanks,
Andy

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 16:38:16 -0500

That's something the chairs populate. The column you're looking at on 
the materials page is for the session, not just one presentation (that 
is, there's no horizontal correlation between presentations and drafts 
except that they're in the same session row).

RjS

On 7/15/19 4:20 PM, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I used the new tool today to upload some slides I'm going to be 
> presenting in DetNet. That worked, and the upload was approved, and 
> the slides now appear on the meetings materials page for the DetNet 
> WG. So far, so good.
>
> presentation has an orange "No drafts" box. When I did the upload, I 
> didn't see any way to enter the associated draft name for my 
> presentation. Can this be added so that it can be populated as a part 
> of the upload process?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
>
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:52 AM Robert Sparks <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:43:40 -0400

Robert,

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 5:38 PM Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:

> That's something the chairs populate. The column you're looking at on the
> materials page is for the session, not just one presentation (that is,
> there's no horizontal correlation between presentations and drafts except
> that they're in the same session row).
>
> RjS

---

From: "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 16:44:55 -0400

Hi Robert,

This seems to work, but I have a few wrinkles:

If you aren't logged in when you click on the link from the email notification, you get a plain text page with no option to log in.

There is no email sent to co-chairs or the proposer when slides are accepted.

---

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 08:24:03 +1000

> There is no email sent to co-chairs or the proposer when slides are accepted.

+1, it would be quite a useful feature to have.

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 01:34:38 +0200

Hi,

I hope what is reported in this message is just a false alarm, or just a
particular problem, but just in case...

In the last days, I have been approving slides uploaded by presenters of
my WG, as well as uploading slides that were sent directly to us by other
presenters, without any issues.

However, during the last few hours, when I try to upload materials (e.g.
via "Edit materials") at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/materials/,
instead of the usual web page that allows managing the slides (e.g. upload
new ones), what appears on screen is "Proposed slides awaiting your
approval", and a number of corresponding links. At least the slideset in
one of those links has not even been uploaded recently by its presenter
(or I have not received the corresponding email announcing it). I click on
any of the links and the result on screen is "Internal Server Error". And
it is not possible to actually get the usual web interface that allows
managing the slides for the WG session.

On the other hand, when I open one of the recent emails with subject
"Presenter **** has proposed slides for IETF-105 : 6lo" (sent 2.5 hours
ago), it includes this content:

"You may approve or disapprove this proposal at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/slidesubmission/82"

But when I click on the link above, a 404 error appears...

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?  Any suggestion on to whom
should this be reported?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Carles

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 08:05:34 -0400

Yes Carles - there is a problem, and I apologize for the inconvenience 
it is causing.

Any slides uploaded Sunday evening or later will work as they are 
supposed to. You should be able to accept or delete those now.

For slides proposed before yesterday (Sunday) evening, you will at the 
moment not be able to approve or disapprove them. Please ask your 
presenters to send them to you an upload them yourselves the old way.

I will make a correction during the day today that will let you accept 
or delete those proposals. I'll send a note when that's done.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

RjS

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 08:07:11 -0400

Bugs aside, this feature is awesome!

On 22 Jul 2019, at 8:05, Robert Sparks wrote:

>> via "Edit materials") at 
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/materials/,

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 09:09:31 -0400

You should be able to accept or delete the troublesome proposals now.

There were some cases where it was clear that removing the proposal was 
the right thing to do, and that was done.

RjS

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 15:37:55 +0200

Hi Robert,

First of all, no worries, and thanks for your help, as well as for the new
tool, which in my opinion is a significant improvement compared to the old
way.

At this moment, from https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/materials/, when
I click on "Edit materials", what appears is an almost blank page that
shows
"IETF-105 : 6lo" as the title, but neither the already uploaded materials
nor the interface for managing materials are present. Is perhaps some
additional action needed to allow use of the old way to upload slides at
the moment?

(FWIW, when I click now on the links contained in the emails of the three
troublesome proposals, e.g.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/slidesubmission/82, I get a 404
page with a message that includes "The page you were looking for couldn't
be found". I understand that this is consistent with what you explained in
your last message.)

Thanks for your help,

Carles

>>> Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?Â  Any suggestion on to
>>> whom
>>> should this be reported?
>>>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:31:14 -0400

Hi Carles -

No, something different is wrong, affecting a small number of groups in 
the way you describe.

I'll advise when we find and correct it.

RjS

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:55:54 -0400

Hi Carles -

Your materials page should be better now.

RjS

On 7/22/19 9:31 AM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> Hi Carles -
>
> No, something different is wrong, affecting a small number of groups 
> in the way you describe.
>
>>>>> I hope what is reported in this message is just a false alarm, or 
>>>>> just
>>>>> a

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 17:27:55 +0200

Hi Robert,

> Your materials page should be better now.

Indeed: the page works well now!

Thanks a lot for your quick action.

Cheers,

Carles

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 07:25:30 -0400

I noticed this morning, that if someone submits slides for the wrong session (we have two slots, Tuesday and Thursday), I can’t move it to the other session :-(

Bob

> On Jul 22, 2019, at 11:27 AM, Carles Gomez Montenegro <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Robert,
>

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 07:50:18 -0400

This (annoying) issue has been there for a long time....

----------
On July 23, 2019 7:26:18 AM Bob Hinden <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I noticed this morning, that if someone submits slides for the wrong 
> session (we have two slots, Tuesday and Thursday), I can’t move it to the 
> other session :-(
>
> Bob
>
>