Subject: New datatracker release: v6.99.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:24:53 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.99.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.99.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Python 3 compatible code**

  This is a major release which contains conversion of the datatracker
  Python code to run under Python-3.7 where it previously was specific
  to Python-2.7.  The code was first converted to Python-3.7, and then
  additional work was done to make it compatible with both Python 2
  and 3.  The changes updated 458 files, and touched close to 4000
  lines.

  Making the code compatible with both Python 2 and 3 lets us continue
  to use the converted codebase until we're ready to move the primary
  webserver's mod_wsgi completely to Python 3.  Otherwise, we would have
  to merge all new bugfixes and sprint contributions to both trunk
  (Python 2.7) and the new Python 3 branch, with doubled merge work
  until we were ready to move the server to Python 3.  (Testing, though,
  will still need to be done under both 2 and 3 to ensure we don't loose
  compatibility.)

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  16 Jul 2019 22:21:56 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.99.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.99.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)