Subject: Let's have some fun: PechaKucha & friends

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 15:15:36 -0400

A reminder and invitation to contemplate as you travel to Montreal...

As some of you may know, I occasionally organize a social event around 
satirical short talks.  (Sometimes there is beer.)  In the past, it’s 
been required to fit the PechaKucha format but the PechaKucha format is 
rather strict (20 slides, each on screen for 20 seconds, minimal text).  
So, I’d like to try an experiment.  This time, any talk format will be 
allowed (including PK) with a maximum length of 7 minutes.  As before, 
the topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or 
controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can 
participate in this unofficial social event.

The date will be Thursday evening (July 25) starting at 9:30pm.  
Location will be announced later.

If you haven’t been to one of these events, Here are two of my 
personal favorites from prior IETFs by 
[Pete](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-099-Prague-videos/07-pete-resnick-8.mp4) 
and 
[Brian](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-096-Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4). 
  Video from the past BA PKs can be found 
[here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

If you want to do a pechakucha, there are lots of online tutorials and 
suggestions for how to make a good PechaKucha.  Here are a few: 
[[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
[[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
[[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].

As my friend, Spencer, says: “Make good decisions, People!”

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to 
[email-masked] and receive confirmation.
* Presenters must agree to limit their talks to less than 7 minutes 
(strictly enforced using the Lars Eggert Approach).
* Slides are due Thursday 6pm in Powerpoint or PDF.