Subject: self-referencial details in virtual interim meetings

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 16:52:15 -0400

EXECSUM: Please place TIME, PLACE, NAME OF WG into the agenda of virtual
         interim meetings.

Today, I tried to point a variety of people at the ANIMA/IoT onboarding virtual
interim meeting in two weeks.

The virtual interim calendar (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.ics )
   Agenda:
(1) https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2019-anima-01/materials/agenda-interim-2019-anima-01-anima-01

  Discuss onboarding for additional classes of devices ("IOT")
    - OPC UA use case
    - updates on drafts
    - AOB

You get only point sentences, and none of them tell you how to connect, or
even which date things are going to happen.  That might appear okay when
taken in context, such as:
(2)  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2019-anima-01-anima-01/

But it doesn't work for new-comers, nor does it help old-timers who might see
an interesting virtual-interim in the calendar and decide to be a "tourist".
In particular, having the conference link available from the browser and
calendar so that one can join easily, particularly if have to do this from a
phone is useful.  (Ask Bob M. about trying to compute while recovering)

I want to point at what I've been doing:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2019-cellar-06-sessa/

which starts out with:
     CELLAR -- DRAFT AGENDA for Virtual Interim Meeting
  July 30, 2019        20:00 UTC

  INFO:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2019-cellar-06/session/cellar
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2019-cellar-06-sessa/

  WEB CONFERENCE:
   https://appear.in/cellar-interim

So firstly, I want to ask WG chairs to please put reasonable agendas in
place.  TIME, PLACE, NAME OF WG into the agenda.  Draft names as well.

Note how:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/agenda-interim-2019-cellar-06-sessa/
points at itself.  This is not hard to do, although it might require you to
upload your agenda twice if you don't get it right the first time.
Since the same thing goes out in the email, it's all good SEO too.

Secondly, it seems that we ought to have the calendar entry point to (2)
rather than (1).  I should send-code, of course.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-