Subject: Virtual Meetings replacing IETF107 meetings

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 17:41:38 +0100

I’m hearing that not all WG chairs appear to know that being on the list that was sent around with assigned days for an IETF107 replacement meeting is not sufficient.

You need to actually schedule your virtual meeting.  The datatracker is a bit confusing here, as it doesn’t know about replacement meetings, so it handles them as virtual interims.

Put them in at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim/request

If you don’t know if your co-chair has already done that:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming
(and, while they are being scheduled:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim/pending
).

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 18:00:35 +0100

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming

… and talking about replacement meetings, I have started a wiki page for replacement unofficial/side meetings (née bar BOFs):

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/ietf107replacements

Feel free to edit and to disseminate this link.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 13:05:06 -0700

Ron and I think that, for V6ops, email will be sufficient. If that proves to be untrue, we’ll let you know...

Sent using a machine that autocorrects in interesting ways...

> On Mar 21, 2020, at 9:42 AM, Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 16:52:36 -0400

And I have been using this to push both my working groups to engage in 
on list discussion.  I hope to have some virtual interims.  But I see no 
point of the WG members will not engage.
One member was pushing me to have an interim so that he could present 
some stuff.  I have trouble with asking a bunch of folks to make time 
for just presentation.

Yours,
Joel