Subject: Pls fix: Wrong webex for anima interim created by datatracker

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 03:38:02 +0200

Dear secretariat (if not right recipient for thi, pls. tell me who)
Cc: wgchairs, maybe someone listening here knows how to fix this.
Bcc: anima for the group wondering why they got a new webex invite.

I just noticed, that the webex listed on datatracker for the virtual ANIMA meeting
is wrong, e.g.:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2020-anima-01/session/anima

Shows a webex URL of https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?MTID=m16f8e0d12f6d12c3c37984c73f20efb8
which is not a valid IETF webex URL and i fear it wouldn't work (it gives
weird info when i now click on it).

[ Expanation ?  I did create the virtual meeting request simply
  through the standard datatracker page designated for it. The only way
  how i can explain this wrong creation of the webex meeting information
  is that datatracker, when automatically creating the webex session
  through my browser somehow used another personal webex account i have
  (somewhere in the webex cookies on my browsers ?) instead of the
  anima WG chair webex account, and therefore choose the wrong webex
  server.  Obviously, i had to be logged into datatracker with my anima
  chair account to even create the interrim, so even though this is
  the only explanation i can bring up, it doesn't make sense to me either. ]

In any case. As a poor double victim of weird webex account management,
i would like to ask:

If possible, please fix the webex URLs and dialin info for the
virtual ANIMA meeting on datatracker (above URL) to a correct ietf webex
that i have just created for the purpose. Otherwise, folks might
simply go to the datatracker page, click on the webex and end up
nowhere.

Here is the correct webex info:

IETF 2020 ANIMA virtual meeting 1 (Webex)
Thursday, April 9, 2020
6:00 am  |  (UTC-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)  |  2 hrs
Meeting number (access code): 614 444 982
Meeting password: AMvJRJwr392

When it's time, join the meeting.
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m378d8c28c45a9f786868c586138a0450

Thank you so much
Toerless

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 13:07:21 +0200

Hi Toerless,

When you are logged in, you should see a button "Meeting Details" near
the top of the page you mention:

If you click that button, you should arrive at a page with an edit button
at the bottom; this will let you edit the meeting details, and in particular
fill in the correct Webex URL.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:51:11 +0200

Hah!, that was easy.

Thanks a lot, Henrik!

Given how the field is free form , passwors, code, url, i didnt think
it would update the webex button on the interim calender, but it worked.
Cool!

Any idea how to reliably avoid the creation problem, e.g: when
datatracker sets up the webex meeting (when scheduling an interim) ?

Cheers
    Toerless

-- 
---
[email-masked]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:57:01 +0200

Hi Toerless,

> datatracker sets up the webex meeting (when scheduling an interim) ?

No, sorry, I don't have enough insight into the ietf webex account and
setup.  (I've sent off a question to improve my own understanding, but
someone else should answer this).

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 13:11:22 -0400

Henrik:

I want to take a moment to thank you for your immediate response and your tireless efforts. 
You get back to us quickly - even when it is to say "not my area". 

You are truly amazing! 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: WGChairs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henrik Levkowetz
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:57 PM
To: Toerless Eckert
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Pls fix: Wrong webex for anima interim created by datatracker

Hi Toerless,

> datatracker sets up the webex meeting (when scheduling an interim) ?

No, sorry, I don't have enough insight into the ietf webex account and setup.  (I've sent off a question to improve my own understanding, but someone else should answer this).

Best regards,

	Henrik

>> When you are logged in, you should see a button "Meeting Details" 
>> near the top of the page you mention:
>> 
>>   
>> If you click that button, you should arrive at a page with an edit 
>> button at the bottom; this will let you edit the meeting details, and 
>> in particular fill in the correct Webex URL.
>> 
>> 
>> Best regards,
>> 
>> 	Henrik
>> 
>> > I just noticed, that the webex listed on datatracker for the 
>> > virtual ANIMA meeting is wrong, e.g.:
>> > 
>> > Shows a webex URL of 
>> > https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?MTID=m16f8e0d12f6d12c3c37984c73
>> > f20efb8 which is not a valid IETF webex URL and i fear it wouldn't 
>> > work (it gives weird info when i now click on it).
>> > 
>> > In any case. As a poor double victim of weird webex account 
>> > management, i would like to ask:
>> > 
>> > virtual ANIMA meeting on datatracker (above URL) to a correct ietf 
>> > webex that i have just created for the purpose. Otherwise, folks 
>> > might simply go to the datatracker page, click on the webex and end 
>> > up nowhere.
>> > 
>> > IETF 2020 ANIMA virtual meeting 1 (Webex) Thursday, April 9, 2020
>> > Meeting number (access code): 614 444 982 Meeting password: 
>> > AMvJRJwr392
>> >

---

From: 'Toerless Eckert' <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 00:00:08 +0200

+99 ;-)

-- 
---
[email-masked]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 00:01:10 +0200

Thank you, Sue :-)

	Henrik

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:12:28 -0400

Toerless,

Just FYI (and for other WG chairs) - I believe the email address
"ietf-action" is a more appropriate choice than "ietf-secretariat" for
issues like this.

Cheers,
Andy

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 9:38 PM Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?MTID=m16f8e0d12f6d12c3c37984c73f20efb8