Subject: New datatracker release: v7.4.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 15:59:55 +0200

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v7.4.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (7.4.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Test suite and OpenID improvements**

  * In the OpenID registration scope handler, look for registration matches
    by email if no person link is available, in order to handle the case
    where somebody registered with a new email and only added it to the
    datatracker later.  

  * Added a test suite switch to optionally show logging output.  Normally
    this is suppressed while running tests.  In production, it goes to
    syslog's user facility.  With --show-logging, it will go to the console
    when running tests.

  * The registration system creates separate records for hackathon and 
    session registration, but we want just one consolidated record.  
    Changed the handling of notifications from the registration system to 
    aggregate reg_type and ticket_type information in one record.

  * With the draft submission cutoff date before a meeting set to the
    meeting start date (with the intention to have no blackout), the fact
    that submission re-open time is midnight _local_ time led to a blackout
    period of a few hours after midnight UTC for meeting timezones with
    midnight later than UTC.  Changed this to give no blackout time when
    cutoff-date==meeting.date.

  * Merged in [18016] from [email-masked]:
    Ensure UTC time is shown throughout the interim request, approval, and 
    announcement workflow. Fixes issue #2974.  

  * Merged in [18020] from [email-masked]:
    Construct Faker objects used for person name generation only once. 
    Results in a roughly 20% speedup of the test-suite.  

  * Merged in [18021] from [email-masked]:
    Refactoring for a little less waste creating meeting/interim test data.  

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  22 Jun 2020 13:19:39 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/7.4.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/7.4.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)