Subject: CodiMD minutes upload to datatracker automatic?

From: Wojciech Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:51:33 +0000

Will the CodiMD notes from the IETF meetings automatically be uploaded as
minutes? Or do the minutes still have to be explicitly uploaded?

Cheers,
Wojtek

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 08:15:26 +0000

Hi,

I don't see how they could be automatically uploaded. It is the responsibility
of the chairs to ensure that minutes are provided. CodiMD is a tool that enables
collaborative editing, but the chairs still need to ensure that what is written
in it is representing what occured and do not contain foul language or spam. At
least the later I have seen in Etherpads. 

I would also note that the chair should consider if the minutes drafted are on
the right level content wise or need adjustment. 

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:35:30 +0800

Magnus,

It would be possible to (automatically) upload, but take care not to say
that it is the minutes, just collective edits from meeting. Chairs could
use this e.g. to check that all comments are captured in the minutes.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:11:46 +0000

Hi Loa,

Lets include Robert in this discussion. 

I don't really see the purpose of uploading the content of the CodiMD to some
other place. It will still have the issue of when the appropriate time is to do
a snapshot. Now that CodiMD we use is IETF instance we do control the
persistence of the CodiMD pages from the meeting. So I think it is more a
question if there is a good entry point into previous meetings CodiMD pages to
review them as long as they are persitent.

That is assuming that no changes to the page will occur without being tracked
and possible to look at the prior state.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund