Subject: Bluessheet Question

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 09:14:52 -0400

I like that the bluesheets are now auto-populated from the Meetecho login mechanism. Does this also include participants that are jabber/audio and not Meetecho?

spt

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 06:21:41 -0700

Hi Sean!

No, just the logins through Meetecho.

I logged into both and can see how Meetecho shows me (my id) as a “jabber
user” on the participant list.  Is that why you’re asking?

Related comment: the participant list shows my jabber id…but jabber (at
least my client) doesn’t show the “meetecho ids”, so looking at just jabber
doesn’t tell me who makes comments…

Alvaro.

On July 27, 2020 at 9:15:06 AM, Sean Turner ([email-masked]) wrote:

I like that the bluesheets are now auto-populated from the Meetecho login
mechanism. Does this also include participants that are jabber/audio and
not Meetecho?

spt

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 09:29:09 -0400

> On Jul 27, 2020, at 09:21, Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Sean!
> 
> I logged into both and can see how Meetecho shows me (my id) as a “jabber user” on the participant list.  Is that why you’re asking?

So you’re in the Meetecho Chat/Jabber, but you don’t get logged?  I am wondering if we need to tell those who use just jabber/audio and participate that they need to somehow do a virtual bluesheet. I guess we could just ask them to add their names in codimd?

> Related comment: the participant list shows my jabber id…but jabber (at least my client) doesn’t show the “meetecho ids”, so looking at just jabber doesn’t tell me who makes comments…
> 
> 
> Alvaro.
>

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 09:30:13 -0400

Because I use different email addresses for jabber and meetecho, and I'm
logged into both for the current DetNet meeting, I'm listed twice on both
platforms - "Andy Malis" for jabber and "Andrew Malis" for meetecho.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 09:31:45 -0400

We have not historically included the jabber folks on the blue sheet. 
It may be worth re-evaluating.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 06:57:55 -0700

Hi!

It’s “easy” to validate who is logged into Meetecho because of the
datatracker information.

It may not be that easy/clear to determine who is who from the jabber
login.  That may be biggest issue…+ changing the current expectations of
course.

Alvaro.

On July 27, 2020 at 9:32:12 AM, Joel M. Halpern ([email-masked]) wrote:

Yours,
Joel

On 7/27/2020 9:29 AM, Sean Turner wrote:
>> I logged into both and can see how Meetecho shows me (my id) as a
“jabber user” on the participant list. Is that why you’re asking?
>
> So you’re in the Meetecho Chat/Jabber, but you don’t get logged? I am
wondering if we need to tell those who use just jabber/audio and
participate that they need to somehow do a virtual bluesheet. I guess we
could just ask them to add their names in codimd?
>>> I like that the bluesheets are now auto-populated from the Meetecho
login mechanism. Does this also include participants that are jabber/audio
and not Meetecho?

---

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 10:07:35 -0400

It seems quite reasonable to use the data from Meetecho based on
Datatracker logins for our bluesheets (at least to me).

It's also the best place to listen in and fully participate.  Perhaps I am
missing something but I see Jabber as an auxiliary method for participation.

Does the bluesheet status depend on any login attempt or does someone need
to be there for some predefined period of time?

regards,

Victor K

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 07:09:51 -0700

It depends on a successful login…not a specific amount of time.

On July 27, 2020 at 10:07:46 AM, Victor Kuarsingh ([email-masked]) wrote: