Subject: Re: Please comment on your use of trac

From: "Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 19:35:38 +0000

H Robert,

ADD does not use Trac, we use GitHub.

-glenn

On 2/3/21, 8:18 AM, "WGChairs on behalf of Robert Sparks" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    We currently have instances of trac configured for each working group. 
    Only some are being used.

    If your group is using trac, are you using anything essentially 
    trac-specific that you find important?

    Would you be ok migrating (with help) to a different wiki system and a 
    different issue tracking system?

    The trac project itself is lagging with Python development - stable 
    still only runs on Python 2.7 and while there appears to be work towards 
    Python 3, it is not yet functional, and is not progressing quickly. We 
    are working around it by encapsulating it in docker instances running 2.7.

    I've had several people suggest we should stop supporting it, and I'd 
    like to know if that would be a particular hardship for any group.

    RjS