Subject: Re: Meetecho available for interim meetings

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 12:31:35 +0200

Hello Alexa,

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 10:17:07AM -0700, Alexa Morris wrote:
> We are pleased to inform you that Meetecho is now available for
> interim meetings, design team sessions, etc.

thanks, that has been working nicely for the last two CBOR meetings.

The question of attendance recording came up in the latest: meetecho
was used for virtual bluesheets in the last virtual IETFs, so does the
interim version record attendance as well?

In that case, we could do away with the manual attendance in the
minutes. (Although from a chair perspective, that's a great opportunity
for everyone to ensure they can write in the minutes, maybe that
enhances participation).

Also if so, does it distinguish between Jabber users and those that join
via meetecho? (We have a few lurkers on the CBOR Jabber channel, which
is not a bad thing, but I wouldn't count them as present unless they
interact).

BR
Christian

-- 
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom

---

From: Meetecho IETF support <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 12:27:52 +0200

Hi Christian,

> interim version record attendance as well?

attendance data is collected for interims as well. I've verified that 
the same API we use to post bluesheets to Datatracker also works for 
interims. So I can definitely generate and post them if I'm asked to do so.

> is not a bad thing, but I wouldn't count them as present unless they

Jabber-only participants are not included in the bluesheets. Only people 
who log in via their Datatracker credentials are.

Cheers,
Alessandro