Subject: When does meetecho session open?

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 01:05:58 -0400

Today, 30 minutes before my session I connected to the meetecho url for 
the session. As I expected it told me it wasn't open yet. My intent was 
to leave it set up that way till I could connect.

What seemed odd is that it gives a countdown clock that will expire at 
the session's scheduled start time. Yet it opens up for joining 15 
minutes before that.

It would be nice if it were clearer about this. I would prefer for it to 
count down to the time when it is possible to join, but it would be good 
if it also displayed the official meeting start time.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 14:47:12 +0200

On 2021-07-30, at 07:05, Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> What seemed odd is that it gives a countdown clock that will expire at the session's scheduled start time. Yet it opens up for joining 15 minutes before that.

Which means that you ALWAYS miss the session start, as there is an interaction needed before you hear anything.

Grüße, Carsten