Subject: Fwd: [Tools-discuss] Performance oriented codesprint before IETF 112

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:24:54 -0500

Chairs -

Please consider taking some time to help at the codesprint below.

If you have group members that you think would be able to contribute, 
please help me make sure they know about this sprint.

RjS

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Tools-discuss] Performance oriented codesprint before IETF 112
Date: 	Wed, 29 Sep 2021 17:23:16 -0500
From: 	Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
To: 	tools-discuss <[email-masked]>
CC: 	IETF Codesprints <[email-masked]>

We would like to hold a codesprint before IETF 112 focused on 
datatracker performance.

We have been improving the instrumentation of the datatracker, and plan 
to provide quite a bit of information that will help us focus on places 
that will help us most. These include statistic from the database engine 
itself, and instrumentation that measures which views are getting the 
most use, suffering the worst cumulative performance, and how those 
views use the database.

I expect much of the work will be verifying that the database has the 
right indices, adjusting views to make better use of the ORM (such as 
prefetching data (and not to prefetch too _much_ data), and adjusting 
models where the current models are proving to be problematic.

I have a doodle for two different possible times on either Oct 27 or Oct 28.

If you would like to participate, please add yourself to the doodle. If 
the proposed times can't be made to work for you and you would really 
like to engage in this kind of sprint, please just add a comment at the 
doodle page.

RjS

___________________________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
This list is for discussion, not for action requests or bug reports.
* Report datatracker and mailarchive bugs to: [email-masked]
* Report tools.ietf.org bugs to: [email-masked]
* Report all other bugs or issues to: [email-masked]
List info (including how to Unsubscribe): 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss