Subject: Meetecho “lite”

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:52:08 +0100

WIBNI the “lite” version had a participant list?  If you’re in the room,
there’s no visibility of the list of participants unless you use the full
meetecho version.

Barry

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:00:56 +0100

On 2022-03-22, at 10:52, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> WIBNI the “lite” version had a participant list?  If you’re in the room, there’s no visibility of the list of participants unless you use the full meetecho version.

Apart from the need to do a two-way mute, is there a reason not to use the full version?

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Jay Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:04:14 +0100

No it doesn’t sorry. This was missed during the design/spec phase but we will aim to have this for 114. 

-- 
Jay Daley 
IETF Executive Director
[email-masked]

> On 22/03/2022, at 10:53 AM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:10:07 +0100

Hi,

I think being able to be logged in from the lite and the full version at
the same time would be helpful as well. The use case for this would be to
transition from attending onsite with the full version and then go to
present slides and be able to take the control and move the slides with
your phone, without the hassle of logging in and out (especially if you are
chairing the session).

Just a suggestion. I think the meetecho additions for this meeting are
quite good.

Thanks,

Carlos

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 11:04 AM Jay Daley <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > WIBNI the “lite” version had a participant list?  If you’re in the
> room, there’s no visibility of the list of participants unless you use the
> full meetecho version.
> >
> > Barry
>
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 12:17:40 +0100

>> WIBNI the “lite” version had a participant list?  If you’re in the room, there’s no visibility of the list of participants
>> unless you use the full meetecho version.
>

If you want to control slides (or just enter the mic line) from your phone.

b

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 14:20:59 +0100

CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > I think being able to be logged in from the lite and the full version
    > at the same time would be helpful as well. The use case for this would
    > be to transition from attending onsite with the full version and then
    > go to present slides and be able to take the control and move the

Being able to control slides from phone is killer-app, but I've yet to do
that.  Still hopeful though.

Getting in/out of mic queue has worked well, provided my phone hasn't slept.

The lite version seems to get logged out whenever my phone screen locks.
And a refresh doesn't result in it trying again.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 12:53:07 -0400

> Apart from the need to do a two-way mute, is there a reason not to use the

It has all been fine, but there were concerns (I was one of the people
raising them) around the bandwidth requirements; the circuits are donated,
and we've been designing the network with certain assumptions — having a
thousand or so people all streaming video could start to run into issues.
Certainly this could be addressed if needed, but a network with a thousand
people checking mail and doing git commits is a different kettle of fish to
one optimized for a thousand people doing real-time video...

It's also very easy to get sucked into email when using your laptop — I
know I'm really bad about "I'll just have a quick peek at mail / reply
between presentations (or during the more boring ones!), and then suddenly
everyone has walked out of the room and you realize that the meeting is
over….
This happens (for me at least :-)) less with a phone…

W

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 10:41:54 -0700

Warren,

> On Mar 23, 2022, at 9:53 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> It's also very easy to get sucked into email when using your laptop — I know I'm really bad about "I'll just have a quick peek at mail / reply between presentations (or during the more boring ones!), and then suddenly everyone has walked out of the room and you realize that the meeting is over….

I have wondered at times if IETF working group meetings would be more productive if there was not Wifi in the meeting rooms…

Bob

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 18:57:35 +0100

> I have wondered at times if IETF working group meetings would be more productive if there was not Wifi in the meeting rooms…

I have to contend with approximately this assertion about since we started putting in the first forms of WiFi into the university classrooms ~ 1998.  
It does get boring after a while…  

So here is a better proposal:
Maybe we should remove the chairs (the ones for sitting on, not ourselves) and do standup meetings only?

Grüße, Carsten