Subject: Integrated session recordings (video + chat + transcripts)

From: Meetecho IETF support <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 18:33:28 +0100

Hi there,

since this has been mentioned a couple of times recently, it occurred to 
me that some of you may not be aware of the integrated playout webapp we 
made available.

It embeds the video recording, the jabber chat, and a transcript that is 
automatically generated by YouTube from the session audio.

This playout app can be reached by clicking on the M-shaped icon (last 
icon) on the meeting agenda page, e.g.,

	https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/agenda

Please bear in mind that that icon only appears on the agenda when a 
session is over. If the recording is still not available, you'll be 
redirected to a page that lists all the available ones:

	https://www.meetecho.com/ietf112/recordings/

As a side note, a similar page is also available for interim meetings 
done via Meetecho:

	https://www.meetecho.com/interims/recordings/

Hope this helps!
Alessandro

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 07:49:50 -0600

Hi, Alessandro,

> automatically generated by YouTube from the session audio.

Bravissimo!!! I;ve been hoping for this since we started relying on Youtube
as our archive.

>         https://www.meetecho.com/ietf112/recordings/

Just to make sure I understand, is the intention that once the playout link
in the datatracker becomes available, the link will be persistent enough
for us to refer to it in documents, etc.?

>         https://www.meetecho.com/interims/recordings/

I thank you, and I assume Michael Richardson thanks you, on behalf of the
CELLAR working group, which ONLY has interim meetings, held monthly, and
recently switched from another conferencing system to Meetecho.

> Alessandro

I'm sure it will.

Best,

Spencer

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 13:44:31 -0500

Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> It embeds the video recording, the jabber chat, and a transcript that
    >> is automatically generated by YouTube from the session audio.
    >>

    > Bravissimo!!! I;ve been hoping for this since we started relying on
    > Youtube as our archive.

    >> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/agenda

What about for virtual interim meetings?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 13:53:57 -0500

>> https://www.meetecho.com/interims/recordings/

I didn't read far enough down before replying :-(

---

From: Meetecho IETF support <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:21:02 +0100

Il 10/03/22 14:49, Spencer Dawkins at IETF ha scritto:
> Hi, Alessandro,
> 
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 11:33 AM Meetecho IETF support <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     Hi there,
> 
> Just to make sure I understand, is the intention that once the playout 
> link in the datatracker becomes available, the link will be persistent 
> enough for us to refer to it in documents, etc.?

Yes. The playout app may be hosted on IETF servers eventually, but even 
in that case we'll set up a DNS CNAME so that the .meetecho.com link is 
still valid.

A.

> I thank you, and I assume Michael Richardson thanks you, on behalf of 
> the CELLAR working group, which ONLY has interim meetings, held monthly, 
> and recently switched from another conferencing system to Meetecho.
> 
>     Hope this helps!
>     Alessandro
> 
> 
> I'm sure it will.
> 
> Best,
> 
> Spencer