Subject: [Wish] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-wish-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 15:08:20 -0800

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-wish-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-wish/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't object to this work, but the list of companies and tools made me wonder
about whether people associated with them will be engaged in this work.  Are
they?  A quick look at the wish archive doesn't show much, but the discussion
has probably been carried out elsewhere.

In either case, I think it would be a good idea for the charter to only
generically talk about the interest in this type of work and not explicitly
mention companies/tools.