Subject: [Wish] wish@ietf112

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:30:09 -0500

Hi! I posted a combined presentation that include chairs slides (chairs), whip-01 (Sergio), and hackathon (Lorenzo). Also uploaded is implementation experience from Lorenzo and I will also upload Juliusz implementation experience when I get them. Slides available from the datatracker and gh repo:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/session/wish
https://github.com/wish-wg/wg-materials/

Cheers,
spt

---

From: T H Panton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:28:11 +0100

I could add an implementation experience report for the client side if that would be useful.

I did a from scratch implementation for a raspberry pi. Couple of problems, but I got it to interoperate with all 3 servers.

( https://github.com/pipe/whipi )

Tim.

> On 11 Nov 2021, at 21:30, Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> -- 
> Wish mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/wish

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 07:51:10 -0500

Slides uploaded from Juliusz to datatracker and GitHub.

spt

> On Nov 11, 2021, at 15:30, Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: T H Panton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 16:40:11 +0100

A follow up to the meeting re: implementation experience 

I’ve proved that is is reasonably easy to create a WHIP client 
_without_ starting from a pre-existing webRTC stack.
It may even be easier because you can take advantage of all the WHIP simplifications and the removed optionalities.

I’ve also proved that you can run a WHIP client on low powered hardware (RaspPi 3) provided it has a hardware video encoder.

Https://github.com/pipe/whipi

Tim.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 11:38:46 -0500

Tim shared his slides and I added them in the datatracker:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/session/wish
and in the WG’s gh repo:
https://github.com/wish-wg/wg-materials/tree/main/ietf112

Cheers,
spt

> On Nov 12, 2021, at 10:40, T H Panton <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>