Subject: Taxonomy: expired documents

From: Ian Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:45:24 +0100

Tidying up the references I note that the following drafts have
expired:

* Cache Array Routing Protocol draft-vinod-carp-v1-03.txt

* Internet Cache Protocol Extension draft-lovric-icp-ext-01.txt

* On the use of HTTP as a Substrate for Other Protocols
draft-iesg-using-http-00.txt

* Transparent Proxy Agent Control Protocol (TPACT)
draft-ietf-wrec-tpact-00.txt

It's possible that the references to some can be removed (or the
references will be removed in a slight restructure I'm about to do),
but it would be useful if I could get an update should anyone know
more about them.

I'm particularly interested in tracking down TPACT and CARP.

---

From: LOVRIC Ivan CNET/DSE/CAE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:03:38 +0200

Hi Ian,

I just submitted an update of the ID "Internet Cache Protocol Extension"
referenced "draft-lovric-icp-ext-02.txt"
This update intends to solve the "ICP Cache peer selection in heterogeneous
networks problem" as discribed in J.Dilley's ID "Known HTTP Proxy/Caching
Problems". The solution is based on an extension of the ICP_GET_INF message
and ICP_OP_HIT reply.

Any comments are welcome